title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

HTPC remote control compatability

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeteSkeeterman
    • Dec 2007

HTPC remote control compatability

I am putting together a media center comp and oddly enough it will be based around dbpower amp and an mAudio 2496 Audiophile sound card. I think from all I've read that the iMON remote by SoundGraph would work with the player and have found others where it wasn't in their list of compatible programs.
    Does anyone know which remote controls I can program to use poweramp rather than media player, which I haven't used in so long I can't remember how :D

I plan to run all audio thru my mAudio and NAD C320BEE stereo amp so I want to use 64 bit but can't use Vista, no great loss there, since the mAudio drivers won't support it.
    I have used both 32 bit and 64 bit poweramp and mAudio and can attest the 64 bit sound is much better
    Last edited by PeteSkeeterman; 12-13-2007, 08:29 PM.
  • aBob
    • May 2007

Re: HTPC remote control compatability

Not sure this is helpful, but I use and am happy with the inexpensive ATI Remote Wonder. I don't use dbPoweramp player, I use mostly foobar2000. But it shouldn't matter much, especially if you try a scripting language such as Autohotkey, you can make it do about anything, send any code to a window. I believe I paid $35 for mine.

There are some plug-in utilities as well, I know there is RM-X, but I don't know how good it is. It is free, and is for remotes.

Hope it helps some....

Comment

• NPendrigh
      • Aug 2008

Re: HTPC remote control compatability

Originally posted by PeteSkeeterman
      I have used both 32 bit and 64 bit poweramp and mAudio and can attest the 64 bit sound is much better
      I have an HTPC with an mAudio 2496 too

In the quote above you refer to 32-bit and 64-bit - what are they?
      The Operating System being 32 or 64 bit?

Best wishes
      Nigel

Comment

Working...

]]>