title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Compatibility with Apple & Linux ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • byrgilles
    • Dec 2007

Compatibility with Apple & Linux ?

I use DbpowerAMP converter with my Windows PC but I don't like Windows.
    I 'm Looking for the same software than DBP but that be abble to run whith Mac OS X or Linux.

Is it a Project ? How can i use it with my Mac ?

Thanks a lot

GB
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Compatibility with Apple & Linux ?

dBpoweramp only has one coder, Spoon, so it is Windows-only. Some users have been able to get the converter part, NOT the CD ripper part, of dMC working in Linux under Wine. On the Mac, if you use Parallels or another type of virturalization software, you should be able to get the converter working but not sure about the CD ripper.

Comment

• Ron F.
      • Jan 2007

Re: Compatibility with Apple & Linux ?

byrgilles,

See my posts in the thread:
      i really would like to see a linux version of dbpoweramp. have you thought of creating one? linux is starting to get more popular now, considdering windows is getting more like crap. please considder creating a linux port, the linux community would appreciate it

In a nutshell, it will work well under wine - I am using the latest Ubuntu distribution of Linux. The key thing I found was to select NT 4.0 in the wine configuration for cdgrab.exe. Open the wine configuration window, select applications, add cdgrab.exe, and then select "Windows NT 4.0 in the pulldown menu. At that point it works pretty well.

Aside from working, it is really fast. There is no drop in speed compared to running the ripper on a Windows machine. In fact, I might even be motivated to say it is faster than when running under Windows!

-Ron

Comment

Working...

]]>