title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Hoc can I use dMC to add missing album art to ripped files.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Des
    • Jul 2007

Hoc can I use dMC to add missing album art to ripped files.

I have lots of mp3 files with missing album art, is there an easy way to restore the art, using AMG, say? Neither are there folder.jpg files lying around.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Hoc can I use dMC to add missing album art to ripped files.

Not currently, it is something we might add in the future (an AMG tagging updater).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Des
      • Jul 2007

Fair enough, by hand it is. In the meantime, I noticed that I can edit the album art by right-clicking the file and selecting Edit ID Tag. One can also select many files and update them in parallel. Unfortunately, album art cannot be done this way. Shame :cry:

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

If you install the Update ID Tag codec you can use it to "convert" multiple files and import any file called folder.jpg as the album art into each file.

Comment

• chileboy
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Wayne
          If you install the Update ID Tag codec you can use it to "convert" multiple files and import any file called folder.jpg as the album art into each file.
          I installed this codec, and I can right-click a group of files and access "Edit ID-Tag". However, while I can change items such as "Artist", I don't have the option to "Add Album Art". I only see this option if I select a single file.

Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

You need to pick the "Convert To" right-click menu option and select the Update ID Tag codec as the codec to "convert" the files. The codec doesn't perform any conversion instead it allows you to modify the Tag information.

Comment

• chileboy
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Nov 2007

Oh, I see - now I get it! :o

Poked around the tabs on that "codec" - excellent! The more I use dbpoweramp, the more I am pleased and amazed.

Thanks Wayne!

- Mark

Comment

• Des
                • Jul 2007

In the end, I used MediaMonkey to download cover art for all the missing albums in a folder.jpg file (MM can't yet write straight to flac files), then used the utility codec to import folder.jpg into each flac file. Took ages, but did the business. Also, windows uses the folder.jpg file for a thumbnail of the containing folder, so that was a bonus.

Comment

Working...

]]>