title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Simple way to reproduce directory structure?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Des
    • Jul 2007

Simple way to reproduce directory structure?

I have an alac collection, stored under drive S:. I want to create a parallel collection but encoded in flac on drive U:.
    I use the batch convertor and select a small number of files from within the directory structure of S: to evaluate the process. I click on the 'Convert' button and it pulls up the conversion utility. Is there a simple way to reproduce the directory structure of S: on U:

E.g. I want S:\Al Green\The Best Of\18 Belle.m4a to be converted to
    U:\Al Green\The Best Of\18 Belle.flac

I just want U: to copy S: Can this be specified?

Cheers,
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Simple way to reproduce directory structure?

You need dBpoweramp Reference and specify the naming (with the dynamic folder selected):

U:\[origpath]\[origfilename]

For more details:

At the request of multiple users, I am writing a short tutorial on how to use the naming scheme in dMC r12. The basics of the naming scheme are simple to get: [artist] - use for the artist name [album artist] - use for the album artist, NOT the same as artist necessarily [album] - use for the album title [title] -
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Des
      • Jul 2007

Thank you

Comment

• Kdeemer
        • Dec 2006

I'm trying to use this approach. I actually have a long path - Folder1\Folder2\Folder3...\FLAC that I want to convert to Folder1\Folder2\Folder3...\MP3, so I have mapped each path to network drives W: and X:

The problem is that whenever I specify a Dynamic Path W:\[origpath]\[origfilename], the colon ( : ) is changed to a semi-colon ( ; ) and the conversion fails. It appears normally when I type it in and in the box next to 'Dynamic' on the conversion page, but as a semi-colon in the 'Example' below the 'Naming' box. The converter interprets it as a semi-colon and gets all screwed up. I've tried creating the entry in Wordpad and cutting and pasting, but that doesn't work either.

The error message is:
        Unable to open file "\\.host\shared folders\ken on mac\Music\MP3\W;\John Coltrane\Interplay - Disc 1\etc..."

As you can see, I am running this under VMWare Fusion on a Mac, but have had no other issues of this sort. DbPoweramp works fine other than this issue.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You set the drive in the box above dynamic naming.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kdeemer
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
            You set the drive in the box above dynamic naming.
            Got it. Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>