title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

1) Just create a new thread and copy in your existing post as the first post.
    2) Do #1 in the AVS form and ost in the threads already there linking to your thread

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sredmyer
      Great idea...but I have no idea how to:
      1) use my last post to create a new topic
      2) cross post to the AVS forum
      1) Just create a new topic instead of replying to this one, and copy the text there.

2) Here's the AVS Forum topic on the XL1B: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=692413&page=1

It's really long. You can cheat and give it a really high page number to get to the last page: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...92413&page=100

If you're not already registered there, go ahead a register.

-brendan

Comment

• sredmyer
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2008

Originally posted by bhoar
        1) Just create a new topic instead of replying to this one, and copy the text there.

2) Here's the AVS Forum topic on the XL1B: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=692413&page=1

It's really long. You can cheat and give it a really high page number to get to the last page: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...92413&page=100

If you're not already registered there, go ahead a register.

-brendan
        Done

Ok guys (and gals), for any of you who are using the Batch Ripper with the Powerfile/Sony disc changers, I am planning to write a new "driver" for these units. I found this to be necessary as the driver supplied with the Batch Ripper application is somewhat limited in its management of these devices. Specifically I

and

Comment

• CeeDubbs
          • Aug 2008

When I use the batch ripper, it doesn't appear to use the naming scheme I have defined for each of my drives using the CD Ripper app. I don't see an option to set the naming scheme in the Batch Ripper Config tool, so I am wondering if there is currently any way to set the naming scheme using the Batch Ripper Config tool?

Thanks

Ed

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Click set next to the profile (in batch ripper) and it opens CD Ripper, set the naming based on that profile.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• solas
              • Aug 2008

Hi,
              any intention of supporting newer Rimage machines? 2000i and later?
              I'd be extremely interested in testing.

Comment

• bhoar
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by solas
                Hi,
                any intention of supporting newer Rimage machines? 2000i and later?
                I'd be extremely interested in testing.
                As it stands, I do not have access to the newer RImage machines, which means I cannot write drivers for them. What I need is someone who has one to document all of the serial-based commands for me, and then I can create drivers for them to test.

I may take some time over the next week or two to write up an article on how to document a command set using a mixture of existing duplication software and portmon.

-brendan

Comment

• CeeDubbs
                  • Aug 2008

Hi,

I purchased dBpoweramp Reference a week ago and ripped at least 250 CD's today using the Batch Ripper. All of a sudden, it appears as though the album art is no longer being associated with the albums being ripped.

Is there some limit to how many times one can hit up the metadata service per day or is there some sort of maximum? Any other ideas as to why the album art is no longer coming down during the rips?

Thanks

Ed

Comment

• bhoar
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by CeeDubbs
                    Hi,

I purchased dBpoweramp Reference a week ago and ripped at least 250 CD's today using the Batch Ripper. All of a sudden, it appears as though the album art is no longer being associated with the albums being ripped.

Is there some limit to how many times one can hit up the metadata service per day or is there some sort of maximum? Any other ideas as to why the album art is no longer coming down during the rips?

Thanks

Ed
                    There are two AMG licenses with dbpoweramp Reference.

1. For the CD Ripper, there is a yearly $5 license that gives you unlimited metadata/art. The first year is included in the price of Reference, after that you you pay them another $5 per year after it expires.

2. For the Batch Ripper, there is a free 400 metadata/art license. After that you pay a per disc fee for lookups...it's probably ~$0.05 to $0.12, I haven't kept up on the specifics.

Note that the batch ripper AMG lookups start counting down from 400 lookups when you are using the trial so it's 400 free total per machine whether or not you buy the Reference product.

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Sep 2006

Spoon -

I have some books on CD that I'm running through the batch ripper. They don't have any metadata lookup matches. I noticed that the default path for the CD ripper would essentially be the same for all of them.

I modified the default path to include the cddb id after the album name to ensure no overwrites, but...

...shouldn't the batch ripper notice this issue and work around it somehow?

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Sep 2006

Another quibble:

When the cdgrab.exe, when called from the batch ripper, is finishing the compression of the last track, there's no reason it shouldn't be able to tell the batch ripper that it is truly done with the disc IO and that the batch ripper can go ahead and do the unload/load cycle even before cdgrab.exe exits.

As it stands now, the batch ripper seems to simply wait for the cdgrab.exe to exit (and then looks at the returned data to determine if it should unload or if it should reject). If the cdgrab.exe could send an affirmative "accept" or "reject" after reading the last bit of the disc but before finishing the last compression task, this could increase throughput, significantly under some circumstances (e.g. multi-encoder or high-compression lossless or high-quality lossy settings)

I noticed this behavior while ripping some books on CD where each track, including the last track, is very long (10-20 minutes each) and the cdgrab.exe takes a good amount of time between the final disc read and the end of the compression task (could be 20 seconds or more). There's no need to wait that extra 20 seconds before calling unload.exe or reject.exe.

-brendan

Comment

• CeeDubbs
                          • Aug 2008

Thanks for the earlier reply. I've searched the forum to no avail. How do I purchase additional AMG lookups for the batch ripper? I probably have another 400 discs or so to rip.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I guess removing the software on my current PC and reinstalling on another PC won't somehow give me another 400 lookups, would it?

Ed

Comment

• CeeDubbs
                            • Aug 2008

Nevermind.... strangest thing a google search returned the correct link on this site

http://reg.dbpoweramp.com/store/prod...ID=71&P_ID=126.

Comment

• CeeDubbs
                              • Aug 2008

Just a suggestion, I would add the option to check on the remaining amount of AMG lookups within the batch ripper so one knows when to buy more and doesn't instead find out from noticing the latest batch ripped doesn't contain the metadata.

On that topic, perhaps also add a menu option under the Metadata dropdown to go directly to the website page for purchasing additional licenses.

Apologies if this feature is already built in but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks

Comment

• CeeDubbs
                                • Aug 2008

Yikes... I keep answering my own questions. Seems I just haven't used the batch ripper enough but now I think I have a legitimate question. I purchased 3 x 100 AMG lookups via Paypal and have received email confirmation saying so. I clicked on the link in the email confirmation and then followed the steps to add the lookups to the batch ripper. However, it seems only 100 lookups were actually added.

Awesome program by the way!

Ed

Comment

Working...

]]>