title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp3 license and future installations of dMC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • havanaloco
    • Sep 2007

mp3 license and future installations of dMC

Hi. I bought the mp3 license and the Power Pack.
    I downloaded the "Registered.exe" program and I installed it on the previous program (but always of the same version 12.3). Is right the procedure? Or first did I must uninstall the installed (and not registered) version?

How will I have to install future versions of dBpoweramp? Where I have to download them?

In add, I didn't understand what is the All Media Guide (AMG).

However, I have a question. The LAME mp3 is open source, so why I must pay for use it?

Thanks.

PS: Please speak simple because I'm not english. :p
    Last edited by havanaloco; 09-18-2007, 02:37 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: mp3 license and future installations of dMC

Re-issue registered version of dBpowerAMP can be downloaded from this page:

(clicking the above link from your email program might not open the link, copy and paste it into the title bar).

Enter your Order reference / receipt number when asked, a download link is presented under this link is a user name and password, it is required when the download link is clicked. An 'Overview of Process' guide which shows how to download can also be found on the registration page given above.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

When looking for a meta data provider, Illustrate teamed up with the premier choice: All Media Guide. dBpoweramp's CD Ripper not only retrieves CD details and extended information (such as label, rating, composer), but also album art work.
      Basically, AMG is a professional (entered by employees, not by anybody) meta-data service that has more information than FreeDB and also has album art the CD ripper can download and either embed in the files or place in the output location.

Comment

• havanaloco
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
        Re-issue registered version of dBpowerAMP can be downloaded from this page:

(clicking the above link from your email program might not open the link, copy and paste it into the title bar).

Enter your Order reference / receipt number when asked, a download link is presented under this link is a user name and password, it is required when the download link is clicked. An 'Overview of Process' guide which shows how to download can also be found on the registration page given above.
        Only now I see this topic:
        For dMC, If you are using Reference, make sure you are installing the Reference Registered version, NOT the trial. If you are using the PowerPack, you simply install the latest PowerPack trial over top of your existing install and make sure to NOT uninstall the old version.For dCW, you need to uninstall your current version

It says:
        For dMC,

* If you are using Reference, make sure you are installing the Reference Registered version, NOT the trial.
        * If you are using the PowerPack, you simply install the latest PowerPack trial over top of your existing install and make sure to NOT uinstall the old version.
        So, if I well understand, your response is in disaccord with above-mentioned topic.
        How are the things?

However, until now, nobody is able to says to me why I must pay to use an open source codec like LAME mp3.

Thanks.

Comment

• bhoar
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2006

I see a typo of "uinstall" instead of "uninstall", which might be confusing for non-native english speakers.

-brendan

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It might be free to use lame (incdently dBpoweramp is one of a handful of companies which has donated back to lame), it is not free use the routines lame employs because of patents.

Put it this way, Microsoft could patent something, just because an open source program does the same, does not mean you would not have to pay microsoft if the open source program was used.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

See here for a discussion of why we must pay for mp3 encoding: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5399

Comment

• havanaloco
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by bhoar
                I see a typo of "uinstall" instead of "uninstall", which might be confusing for non-native english speakers.

-brendan
                Can you explain me better? If I well understood, that topic says a thing, and you another one.

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

I actually fixed the typo in the other post.

Comment

• havanaloco
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by LtData
                    I actually fixed the typo in the other post.
                    No, I didn't refer to this. I believed that bhoar had replied to my previous post.

Maybe we not understand we.

In part that I not understood the motivations to buy an mp3 license (and I will thanks who will resume it to me in simple words)...

... if I well understand, the 2nd post of the thread (author: Spoon) is in disaccord with these words of LtData:
                    If you are using the PowerPack, you simply install the latest PowerPack trial over top of your existing install and make sure to NOT uinstall the old version.
                    Spoon says to download a new registered version, and LtData says to download a new not-registered version and install on the old registered version. So, who is in reason and who is in wrong?

I remember that I have NOT bought the dBpoweramp Reference, but I have bought the Power Pack and the mp3 license.
                    Last edited by havanaloco; 09-21-2007, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• bhoar
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by havanaloco
                      No, I didn't refer to this. I believed that bhoar had replied to my previous post.

... if I well understand, the 2nd post of the thread (author: Spoon) is in disaccord with these words of LtData:
                      If you are using the PowerPack, you simply install the latest PowerPack trial over top of your existing install and make sure to NOT uinstall the old version.
                      My only point in posting to this thread earlier was to point out that the word "uinstall" is a typo that needed to be fixed as some might read that as "uninstall" and some might read it as "install".

-brendan

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

I think, with the PowerPack, either method will work, or at least that is how it used to be. However, installing a registered version overtop of your current version never hurts.

Comment

• Dr Klovernutz
                          • Jun 2006

i had v 11, I just downloaded version 12.3
                          1. I simply installed OVER my registered version, is this correct?

2. I DLed the new FLAC codec (v10) I UNINSTALLED my old codec and installed this one, is this correct?

3. Is it possible to add album art to already extracted flacs and created flacs? how?

4. how come I only has access to freedb?
                          Last edited by Dr Klovernutz; 10-10-2007, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Access to AMG is paided per year, you can purchase 1 years access for $5.

FLAC R10 is the latest.

To add album art, right click on a FLAC file >> Edit ID Tag and click the add album art button, select an album art image filename from your computer.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dr Klovernutz
                              • Jun 2006

when i load a CD to extract I see no album art
                              Do I have to manually locate each album cover?
                              What about all of my already extracted CDs

Comment

Working...

]]>