title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Quicktime API support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msandersen
    • Sep 2007

Quicktime API support

Basically, what iTunesEncode does, but inbuilt. I know this is an ambitious request, especially as the iTunesEncode developer lost his source code, but the API is well-documented on Apple's developer site, as far as i know.

What this would allow is built-in support for AAC-LC via QuickTime and automatic import into iTunes, fully-tagged, as well as "native" ALAC support (including in the Player). Or any other format supported by the QuickTime framework. Like Audiobooks in M4b format. I could go on and ask for a Chapter editor/creator, which is currently only available on a Mac (simple XML embedded in the m4a/b file specifying timecodes, titles, pictures and hyperlinks). But that's thinking ahead and not QuickTime related.

I've been using EAC with iTunesEncode, so some configurability via drop-downs would be preferable. EAC is unwieldly, and I like the look and feel of dMC. I've looked around the forums for iTunes AAC support, and believe I have to install the CLI Encoder to use iTunesEncode. I'm yet to try it, but it doesn't sound very intuitive. Having dealt with EAC, I can handle it, but a built-in functionality would be, um, "nice".

This would be the killer feature that would turn me to dMC, and would happily part with money for.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Quicktime API support

There used to be an "iTunes encoder" for dMC r11.5, but it was replaced with the Nero m4a/mp4 encoder. Also, it might not work with the new version of iTunes even if it was still available.

And yes, if you have the "iTunesEncode" as an .exe, you can use the CLI Encoder to use this codec in dMC.

Comment

• msandersen
      • Sep 2007

Re: Quicktime API support

I do have iTunesEncode as an exe. I have used it with EAC and iTunes just fine. I've made a customised CLI Encoder, which is pretty cool.
      I will post a how-to shortly to share my findings with dMC.

Comment

Working...

]]>