title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of Automated CD Loaders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

Re: Discussion of Automated CD Loaders

db:

My oldest notes, before I made my scripts a bit more complicated and error tolerant say this should work...but even the notes weren't really sure 19200 was right:

Code:
    	Suggestion 9: RImage DTP-800/DTP-1000/DTP-4000 Older SCSI using debug port serial connection (double check speed) - UNTESTED

Pre-Batch 	--drive="G:" --comport=COM2 --comspeed=19200 --close --command=MU --bindresetall --sleep=2
    	Load		--drive="G:" --comport=COM2 --comspeed=19200 --close --command=CR --command=OI  --command=MD  --command=R  --command=MU --open --command=MD  --command=P  --command=MU --close --sleep=10   ;  in case disc recognition or spinup takes a while, depends on drive
    	Unload		--drive="G:" --comport=COM2 --comspeed=19200 --open --command=CR --command=CI  --command=MD  --command=R  --command=MU --close --command=MD  --command=P  --command=MU
    	Reject		--drive="G:" --comport=COM2 --comspeed=19200 --open --command=CR --command=MD  --command=R  --command=MU --close  --command=OR --command=MD  --command=P  --command=MU --command=CR
    	Post-Batch	--drive="G:" --comport=COM2 --comspeed=19200 --close --command=MU
    -brendan
    Last edited by bhoar; 02-08-2009, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• darkbane
      • Jan 2009

Hi Brendan

I did see this in one of your first posts on this thread, but alas, 19200 does not work on my unit..
      Maybe the firmware is corrupted (but I doubt it,since it seems to pass the diagnostic and can move the arm without any problem) or something like that..

If you have the time to take a look at one of your units.. I would greatly appreciate that.
      when I'm back at home I'll take a picture of my DTP4000 mainboard & serial connector.. just to see it it is any different from yours...

Thanks again!

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

db - the SCSI unit I opened up to play with the serial header is buried deep within the basement, it ain't seeing the light of day anytime soon. sorry. :(

-brendan

Comment

• computer-girl
          • Dec 2008

Brendan,

Out of the approximately 1250 to 1300 CDs, here is the breakdown:

I DID NOT perform any pre-cleaning. Most of my discs are in good condition and are scratched very little, if at all. I also handle my discs by their edges.

I loaded appx 1200 to 1250 through the Teac FIRST. If those discs failed due to read errors, I cleaned them up using rubbing alcohol & lint free cloths and ran them through the PX-230a and PX-708A.

I also loaded appx. 100 through the PX-230a and PX-708A FIRST. If those discs failed due to read errors, I swapped between the two drives to try to get a better read for the failed tracks only.

Now, after running the 1200 to 1250 CDs through the Teac, maybe 20 to 30 discs total did not get ripped at all (MSG I received was that the disc was not loaded). I reloaded all of those discs and probably half of them got ripped the second time. I also learned to put a manilla folder under the rear of the Kiosk so that the front would tip slightly downward. This helped with getting the discs to load properly.

I would estimate that about 50 to 100 discs going through the Teac had one or more tracks with errors, so I took those 50 discs, ran my ultra secure ripping using the PX-230A and/or PX708A. If the disc had no scratches, I ran it through the PX-230A first, and if it had scratches, I ran it through the PX-708A first. I swapped between the 2 drives in the event of a failure. Only 10 CDs failed to get ripped in their entirety, no matter which of the three drives I used.

Out of those 10 CDs that could not be ripped using any of my drives, 2 CDs were brand new but one came with a scratch, so I am guessing the non scratched new CD had a pressing problem. 5 of the CDs were from 1988-1992 & I had listened to them over the years, and 2 were HORRIBLY, HORRIBLY scratched. Out of the those 10 CDs, I will only have to replace 7 CDs because 3 CDs whose tracks failed to rip I already have from other CDs in my collection.

I must say that I was very pleased with the performance of the Teac drive in the Kodak Kiosk, considering the number of CDs that I ran though that drive.

Now, the only problem that I had early on in the process was that I once ripped overnight to a hard drive that eventually filled up. Once there was no more room on drive D to which I was ripping, I kept getting error messages from the batch ripper (sorry I don't remember the exact error message because I reloaded my system soon after and that batch report got wiped out). However, I think that had something to do with not being able to open a tmp file. I know boxes kept popping up after each failure. Then a new CD was loaded and batch ripper tried to rip that new one. So even though I had no more drive space on drive "D", the batch ripper did not terminate.

Lastly, a few drives run through batch ripper using the TEAC reported no database information, but when I ran them through the Plextors using batch ripper, I got the data. I configured for both automatic and also for manual input & review which then loaded the correct data.

I hope this information helps.

BTW, I took my 81 year old Dad's flac files (part of the total 1350 CDs), batch converted them to Mp3 and put them on his system. Of course, he said that he could just pop his CDs into his Bose Wave Music System if he wanted to listen to his music, why should I bother with ripping his collection, but of course I insisted and went forward with my plan. The next thing I knew, I heard someone crooning to Ray Charles in the family room. It was my Dad, singing to his Mp3's. He sang all day long and into the night going from Nat King Cole to Gino Federico to 80's disco. When I told him how quickly I converted his music and that now all of it was backed up in the event that his system ever crashed, he was very impressed! So my Dad thanks you as well!

Originally posted by bhoar
          cg:

You're welcome, glad it worked out. For the record how many CDs did you have have trouble using on the Teac drive and what improvement, if any, did you see with the 230a and 708a?

Did you run into any other robot-related issues?

-brendan
          Last edited by computer-girl; 02-09-2009, 03:25 AM.

Comment

• computer-girl
            • Dec 2008

I am one of the lucky few who caught one of the last of the Kiosks on sale on ebay.

Originally posted by darkbane
            Hi

Thanks for the quick reply and the infos

As a matter of fact, I didn't try 14400, nor COM inspector did, so I have some hope for tomorrow! (I'm at work right now) THANKS!

As for the Kodak.. That's great news for ComputerGirl, as she was seeking to buy one.. but as for me, that's too much.

I paid my DTP4000 just $50 at a local shop with 4 plextor 12x drives loaded and 2 Waitec spares.. They warned me that most likely there was no way to make it run, but I bough it just to play with it so I think I got what I deserved

Btw, I do live in Italy so I fear shipping cost would be way higher than $30 :(

Again, thanks for your help! I'll keep you updated
            Last edited by computer-girl; 02-09-2009, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• darkbane
              • Jan 2009

Well, thanks for trying bhoar!

I guess that now, after 3 days trying every possible serial setting I'm at a dead end.. so my unit will go in the basement too..

Btw, If you ever come by one of your units, and have the time to take a look... I'll take it back from the basement and up to my lab again

Again, many thanks!
              D.

Comment

• defib
                • Jan 2009

I have the robotics alignment tool for the serial 800/1000/4000 units. I used it to get all the commands for the RAS6 I got off of ebay. Not sure if it would help but I could email it too you if ya want.

Originally posted by darkbane
                Well, thanks for trying bhoar!

I guess that now, after 3 days trying every possible serial setting I'm at a dead end.. so my unit will go in the basement too..

Btw, If you ever come by one of your units, and have the time to take a look... I'll take it back from the basement and up to my lab again

Again, many thanks!
                D.

Comment

• bhoar
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by defib
                  I have the robotics alignment tool for the serial 800/1000/4000 units. I used it to get all the commands for the RAS6 I got off of ebay. Not sure if it would help but I could email it too you if ya want.
                  Does it work with the SCSI-controlled units, serial-controlled units or both?

I believe I have only the SCSI versions of these utilities. IIRC, the RAS6 is equivalent to the DTP-800?

-brendan

Comment

• defib
                    • Jan 2009

As far as I know it works with the serial controlled units only. But take that with a grain of salt. I don't have a scsi unit. Yes the ras6 firmware reports as a DTP-800. If you want the serial commands I can send you a list I have most of them now. I can also send you the utility if you want.

Comment

• bhoar
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Sep 2006

As far as I know it works with the serial controlled units only. But take that with a grain of salt. I don't have a scsi unit. Yes the ras6 firmware reports as a DTP-800. If you want the serial commands I can send you a list I have most of them now. I can also send you the utility if you want.
                      That would be great, on both parts.

-brendan

Comment

• defib
                        • Jan 2009

That would be great, on both parts.

-brendan
                        Emailed it too you last night. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

• X-O
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
                          It is our aim to support the latest models from:

Primera
                          MF Digital
                          RImage
                          R-Quest
                          hello
                          we have media thecnics fusion-mx X5.1a
                          we already contact B. HOAR and get from him -generic big loader rev 2
                          we use com 1 comspeed 38400
                          dBpoweramp reference R13 and Batch Ripper work if we select 1 drive.

If we select 2 or 3 or 4 drives the robot get crazy :
                          "Pre-Batch.exe meets a problem ..... send a error message ? "
                          then drive 1 is locked on Pre-Batch
                          and the robot tries to reject a CD which is not in the a drive 2
                          waiting a few seconds, we get "problem on com1 ... shutting down"

We know we are administrator and cd clone has been uninstall (5 october 20008).

What can we do?
                          - reinstall windows and all stuff
                          - use an external computer intel, instead of ASUS internal mother board
                          of robot with AMD Athlon 64 X2 ?
                          - try to modify generic big loader drivers ?
                          -

We would love to work with dBpa but today it is not possible.

Thanks in advance for your help. May be it is a small mistake.

X-O

Comment

• bhoar
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Sep 2006

Emailed it too you last night. Let me know if you have any questions.
                            Thanks. I'm pretty sure the 1000/4000 tool you sent is only for the SCSI units, unfortunately. :(

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Sep 2006

X-O: Please contact me via email for support. See my signature.

-brendan

Comment

• defib
                                • Jan 2009

It could be... all I have is an 800

Thanks. I'm pretty sure the 1000/4000 tool you sent is only for the SCSI units, unfortunately. :(

-brendan

Comment

Working...

]]>