title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of Automated CD Loaders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • computer-girl
    • Dec 2008

Re: Discussion of Automated CD Loaders

Brendan,

I found my mistake. I did not install the Kiosk driver on this system as I thought I had. I have just installed it and will be testing it out. Thanks!

Originally posted by bhoar
    You need to change that from "Auto Eject - Manual Load" to "Kodak Kiosk - 50 disc".

And then set each of the five command lines to the correct com port.

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by computer-girl
      When I ran Batch Ripper Configuration, under Configured Drives it listed drive TEAC CD-WD552DA with "Auto Eject - Manual Load" written beside it. I clicked on the Edit button. Under the Loading Method, "Auto Eject - Manual Load" was the only option in the drop down box. Is there some other way I can set it up "to Kodak Kiosk - 50 disc"?
      Download my driver from the batch ripper page:

(scroll all the way down...)

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

Brendan,

I found my mistake. I did not install the Kiosk driver on this system as I thought I had. I have just installed it and will be testing it out. Thanks!
        Right. At minimum you need:

1. The Prolific 2303 USB device driver for Windows on this page: http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31

2. The dBpoweramp Reference download on this page: http://dbpoweramp.com/download.htm

3. The dbPoweramp Batch Ripper download on this page: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

4. The Kodak Kiosk "driver" for the batch ripper on the same page: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

-brendan

Comment

• computer-girl
          • Dec 2008

Thank you so much. It looks like the only step I left out was step 4, but it is all good now and I ripped6 tests discs from the robot. Hurray!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

computer-girl

Right. At minimum you need:

1. The Prolific 2303 USB device driver for Windows on this page: http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31

2. The dBpoweramp Reference download on this page: http://dbpoweramp.com/download.htm

3. The dbPoweramp Batch Ripper download on this page: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

4. The Kodak Kiosk "driver" for the batch ripper on the same page: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

-brendan
          Last edited by computer-girl; 01-11-2009, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• computer-girl
            • Dec 2008

Problem: Unload Test under Kodak Kiosk 50 disc Loader Testing hangs & becomes unresponsive

I noticed that after I added a PX-230A, it was the drive that showed up as Kodak Kiosk in dbpoweramp configuration. I corrected this and I also changed the Teac USB drive back to Kodak Kiosk 50 and updated the COM port to COM3.

Then, in Kodak Kiosk 50 disc Loader Testing the following happens:

Load: Successful
            Unload: Debug Output Running... Hangs right there.

What I did before: Changed some drive letters for my hard drives in Disk Management. Removed the Kodak Kiosk from the USB port. Disconnected and reconnected USB printer, mouse, and a USB memory stick. Also, as I stated before, I added a PX-230A to the system.

Also, Autorun came up while the USB Memory stick was inserted.
            I have since removed the USB memory stick.

The Kiosk still has COM3 assigned to it.

Please advise,

computer-girl

Comment

• bhoar
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Sep 2006

1. Once you get thing set up, always plug the unit into the exact same USB port, so windows won't reassign optical drive letters.

2. Reboot.

3. Run the post-load manually, you probably have some of the temporary files showing an in-progress rip. This will clear things out.

-brendan

Comment

• computer-girl
                • Dec 2008

How exactly do you do this?

3. Run the post-load manually, you probably have some of the temporary files showing an in-progress rip. This will clear things out.

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Sep 2006

How exactly do you do this?
                  1. Batch Ripper Configuration.
                  2. Click the [Edit] button next to your configured drive.
                  3. On the fifth command line "Post-Batch CLI", to the right, there is a [Test] button. Click it.
                  4. At the top of the new window, click the Start Test button.
                  5. Click Close.
                  6. Click Configure Drive.
                  7. Click OK.

-brendan

Comment

• computer-girl
                    • Dec 2008

I tried it, but BR is stuck in Pre-Batch Action & I can't end the ripping. Also, In BC, the unload still hangs. Should I uninstall and re-install the applications?

1. Batch Ripper Configuration.
                    2. Click the [Edit] button next to your configured drive.
                    3. On the fifth command line "Post-Batch CLI", to the right, there is a [Test] button. Click it.
                    4. At the top of the new window, click the Start Test button.
                    5. Click Close.
                    6. Click Configure Drive.
                    7. Click OK.

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Sep 2006

I tried it, but BR is stuck in Pre-Batch Action & I can't end the ripping. Also, In BC, the unload still hangs. Should I uninstall and re-install the applications?
                      Reboot, run post-batch.

-brendan

Comment

• computer-girl
                        • Dec 2008

I did this but it is still hanging. There is still a disc in the drive and the temp file is still dBB22.tmp after several attempts at manual unloading.
                        Reboot, run post-batch.

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Sep 2006

I did this but it is still hanging. There is still a disc in the drive and the temp file is still dBB22.tmp after several attempts at manual unloading.
                          That temp file is dbpoweramp's, not the kodak driver's.

Ok, then go here: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp

And delete all files that start with "ULCLI-". And then reboot.

Note: in the path above replace "Administrator" with your current user name, if different.

If it still doesn't work, then your setup is wrong somewhere.

-brendan

Comment

• computer-girl
                            • Dec 2008

That did not work for me. I uninstalled dbpoweramp, but of course, there is all kinds off stuff left in C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp, including batch ripper. How can I cleanly uninstall all of the apps associated with dbpoweramp, including batch ripper from all of the folders and in the registry so that I can do a clean re-install?

That temp file is dbpoweramp's, not the kodak driver's.

Ok, then go here: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp

And delete all files that start with "ULCLI-". And then reboot.

Note: in the path above replace "Administrator" with your current user name, if different.

If it still doesn't work, then your setup is wrong somewhere.

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Sep 2006

Are you sure it's still on the same serial port it was before or the same one you have the batch ripper configured to?
                              Are you sure you have the right drive letter?
                              Are you sure you didn't put a typo into one or more of the five command lines?

-brendan

Comment

• computer-girl
                                • Dec 2008

Are you sure it's still on the same serial port it was
                                before or the same one you have the batch ripper configured to?
                                Yes

Are you sure you have the right drive letter?
                                No. I believe that the drive letter changed because after I added the PX-230A, BR thought that it was the it was the Kodak Kiosk 50 although I had configured the Teac as the Kodak Kiosk.

Are you sure you didn't put a typo into one or more of the five command lines?
                                Typos are always possible. Without a way to verify, a clean install is all I know to do to try to get it right.

Right now, I have uninstalled dbpoweramp but I have all of the other stuff hanging around. I'm trying not to reload my entire system at this time.

Comment

Working...

]]>