title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Updating db

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eckre
    • Oct 2005

Updating db

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I can't find the answer.

I am a Reference User. I Run the config util, and it says "there is a new version of db..." so I click the update link, it sends me to this page:

Neat. This is the page offering links to the latest trials and such, something I'm not interested in downloading because I am a Registered Reference user. And then I look around on this page, and find a link that says:

"Existing Registered Users"

Hey! that's me - that's where I want to go.

So I click on that link and it sends me to this Page:

"To begin: Initiate Registered Link Retrieval"

Okay, will do - the link to "Initiate Registered Link Retrieval" is:

And that page does not exist.

Seems like something is not quite right somewhere along the line. Please show me the errors of my line of logic and or ways, please.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Updating db

The last link works for me.
    What antivirus, firewall, and security software are you running? What browser are you using?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Read all the info presented:

certain security suite programs block the page from loading.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• eckre
        • Oct 2005

dang.. that's locked up pretty tight. I just have avast and windows firewall, it was *windows firewall*, I had to disable the whole thing. And I had to use IE, not FF. Thanks.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

I am using the Windows Firewall and I can still access the page in Firefox. It was probably Avast that was the culprit.

Comment

Working...

]]>