title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Yet Another Tagging Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jtbse
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

Yet Another Tagging Suggestion

I know that our old friend the "Tag From Filename" utility codec is in the works for R12, but as I've been working with the new ripper as well as the beta DSPs for the converter, I came up with a thought that I believe would make life easier (at least for me :smile2: ).

I'm thinking the best place for this might be in the ID Tag DSP....If I could reference various filename tokens (e.g. [outfilepart1] and so forth), I think that would be very convenient.

For the CD ripper this isn't as much of an issue since most of the tag info gets created from the meta-data lookup (freedb or AMG).

But for dMC, when converting, say, a bunch of .wav tracks created from vinyl, this would be a very handy way to save steps. As it stands now, I can partially tag these items while converting, but still have to go into another program like Mp3Tag to finish the job after the conversion.

Am I making sense? Thoughts?
Working...

]]>