title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Reference without AMG/PowerPack?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yourhumblepuppy
    • May 2006

Reference without AMG/PowerPack?

I've been sticking with MusicConverter 11.5 because as of v12, Illustrate has taken away the capability of converting while maintaining a directory tree structure when encoding multiple sources -- at least without v12 Reference.

It's a utility I rely upon in 11.5 and would gladly pay for going forward. However, the problem for me personally is that $28 seems steep for Reference, because mostly, Reference is available only as a package with stuff I'm not interested in: the MP3 Power Pack, and AMG access.

Are there any plans for an untethered version of "Reference"/converter, maybe at a more reasonable price?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Reference without AMG/PowerPack?

If you already have the PowerPack, you only need to pay the upgrade fee, I believe it is $14.

Comment

• yourhumblepuppy
      • May 2006

Originally posted by LtData
      If you already have the PowerPack, you only need to pay the upgrade fee, I believe it is $14.
      Thanks for the response.

$14 is indeed reasonable, but unfortunately I never opted for the PowerPack in the days of yore. I used/use a different product for ripping store-bought CDs into MP3, and I basically have used dMC 11.5 to convert oodles of downloaded live shows in FLAC format, organized by Artist\Performance, into oodles of tag-free, nero-encoded .m4as maintaining the same directory structure.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

In that case, I don't believe there are plans for a version of Reference without the PowerPack, as the point of Reference is that it is the PowerPack with additional features for "audio enthusiasts and professionals".

Comment

• mr.pessimist
          • Nov 2007

So there is no way that we can just get "dynamic file naming" without having to pay for the entire "Reference" pack? Man, all I really want is dynamic file naming as I will never use the other features of Reference. I just can't bring myself to pay $28 for a bunch of features I will not use...

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

No, right now dynamic naming is only in Reference.

Comment

Working...

]]>