title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter R12.1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Music Converter R12.1

Many bug fixes...

Download:

4MB

<Registered Users: Links will appear on Registration Retrieval in the next few days>

Changes:

CD Ripper - when add meta item, has drop list of artist, album etc
    CD Ripper - if no artist name then for file naming only is set to 'Unknown Artist'
    CD Ripper - can access meta menu drop down evenif no cd is in drive
    CD Ripper - Genre, Composer, Comment columns always show (even if not a compilation)
    Mp3 lame shows -vbr-new on the info line
    Music Converter - remembers the last used path when selecting files

Bug Fix: Mp3 Lame Encoder: Forcing Frequency or Channels (on advanced) can crash CoreConverter
    Bug Fix: If getpopupinfo froze (corrupt audio file, would incorrectly report getpopup.exe could not be found)
    Bug Fix: If using non-live dsp effects which altered the length, other live DSPs were being passed old length
    Bug Fix: CoreConverter could trigger a 'watchdog timeout possible coreconverter crash' if using the CLI encoder or DSP effect which took more than 60 seconds (temp wave files used in both cases)
    BUG Fix: Any valuelist when editing an element (example meta in cd ripper) if click away on same line (ie not enter) then the edit stays for edit!!
    BUG Fix: Wave Enocder was not writing IEEE float if source as float and bit=as source (only forcing float would write)
    Bug Fix: if manually set a file association then RC >> 'Convert To' and other shell related items would not appear
    Bug Fix: if dBpoweramp batch converter had been added to folder right click, it was not removed when uninstalling
    Bug Fix: Was lucky to have a CD Ripper which when asked to overread would return No Error, but really not rip (so the data from a previous frame rip could be used, now zeros the memory to be sure)
    Bug Fix: CD Ripper - was possible for at the end of a cd the ripper to try to rip 0 frames and report an error
    Bug Fix: CD Ripper - if previewing a track and skip to next then could crash
    Bug Fix: CD Ripper - if re-ripping a cd, then click cancel half way through the CRCs (shown on screen) for the tracks that were to be ripped are not preserved (so no green / red next rip)
    Bug Fix: Changing (Naming, or Path in CD Ripper) to My Documents\Music1 would save to Documents\Music\1 instead
    Bug Fix: dMC - When using List / Rename was showing extension, if renamed file then would add another extension to end
    Bug Fix: Was offering a Power Pack Trial when installing registered Power Pack
    Bug Fix: If using a non-live DSP effect, they are now used in correct order (previously would do non-live, then live effects in that order)
    Bug Fix: If using DSP effects to reduce bitdepth or channels, then might incorrectly report 'Audio data contains incomplete samples'
    Bug Fix: Fixed edit tag crashing explorer
    Bug Fix: Internal low level Thread manager could create with an already used unique identification, which could cause crashes (found with Channel Splitter which creates 9x coreconverters)
    Bug Fix: mp3 Tag writer would crash if supplied CD TOC (a binary item) which was text instead of binary
    Bug Fix: Dynamic Naming (or naming in CD Writer) could enter a recursive condition, if Adding an album 'Example Album [Album]' when naming contained [album]
    Bug Fix: Was possible for dMC Converting Window to go off-screen
    Bug Fix: If using the Grabber 10 seconds from CD Ripper then freezes cd ripper at 5%
    Last edited by Spoon; 04-07-2007, 07:54 PM.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • Teknojnky
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2006

Re: Music Converter R12.1

Originally posted by Spoon
    Registered Power Pack: install this over top without uninstalling old
    Reference: Only able to release a Power Pack Version at this time, install as Power Pack above.
    What does this mean? If 12.1 beta is installed over reference, will reference feature be reverted to 'powerpack' limitations or will reference features continue to function as before?

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

I think he means that Reference will revert to the PowerPack. In other words, wait for the next beta.

Comment

• TarkusShakti
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by LtData
        I think he means that Reference will revert to the PowerPack. In other words, wait for the next beta.
        It seems funny to me that the paying customers (reference) seem to be a lower priority here.

TS

Comment

• Teknojnky
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by TarkusShakti
          It seems funny to me that the paying customers (reference) seem to be a lower priority here.

TS
          Agreed.

If anything, beta should have been reference only... not powerpack only.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Not really, just what is practical. To give out a reference version we:

a) Have to add it to registration retrieval (there is no way of posing a public install)
            b) Spend 4-5 hours creating the installtion for Reference (that is how long it takes to compile it)

It is not an efficient use of my time, especially as a new beta version is about to be released, just 24 hours after the first one. I would spend my time compiling and giving out reference beta versions, instead of fixing bugs and getting a final release out.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Teknojnky
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2006

Well,

a) Not knowing anything about the details of the compilation differences between powerpack and reference, I can't begin to understand why a reference compile would take any longer than a powerpack compile... or why they would need to be different compiles in the first place. (many apps have varying levels of features based on registration keys and whatever)

b) reference also has a trial period, I can't imagine why a trial period would not be imposed into any beta anyway.

I certainly would not expect you to spend your time in-efficiently, as that works against presumably everyone's desires (to put out the best product in a reasonable amount of time). I just find it hard to swallow given the points above.

Anyway I guess we will get it when we get it. :yawn:

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

I would guess Spoon doesn't differentiate features by the registration key but by simply not including those features in the installer. This makes for a smaller installation file for the other versions, but does have its downsides.

Also, remember that Reference includes many codec installers.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Beta Updated

29th March 2007

Uninstall Previous Beta before installing this one.

One more bug fix:

Bug Fix: Internal low level Thread manager could create with an already used unique identification, which could cause crashes (found with Channel Splitter which creates 9x coreconverters)
                  Last edited by LtData; 04-04-2007, 07:05 PM. Reason: correcting typo
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

I know 12.1 is a bug fix. Is the plan to add features to 12.x or will a R13 alpha phase begin soon?

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

I think r12.1 is just bug fixes and the r13 alpha is still about 4-5 months off, last I heard

Comment

• hanschke
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • May 2006

nice to read hope final and ref will come soon. maybe a ref beta too

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Beta Update 30th March

Bug Fix: mp3 Tag writer would crash if supplied CD TOC (a binary item) which was text instead of binary

Uninstall previous beta version, install from link in frst message.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Update 31st March

Bug Fix: Dynamic Naming (or naming in CD Writer) could enter a recursive condition, if Adding an album 'Example Album [Album]' when naming contained [album]
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mgolden
                              • Dec 2006

This beta is still powerpack, not reference, right?

Comment

Working...

]]>