title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

2nd Time: wma v9 conversion problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

2nd Time: wma v9 conversion problem

Of course, I rebooted after installed
    Still problem
    What is wrong?

Origianl Question:

It was OK to convert from asf or wmv to wav file when I use Windows Media Player 8 in WinXP Pro.

After I installed Windows Media Player 9, there is a problem to convert from asf or wmv to wav.
    I installed WMA v9 Codec Release 1 correctly.
    When I convert from asf to wav, it convert wrong time file.
    That is: although asf = 5 min long, the converted wav file is more than 5 min (such as 30 min or more). and the sound is not right.

What is problem?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

See here, I am working on it:

Why does it take 28 minutes to convert a 4 minute wmv file to mp3? I checked the Task Manager and DBconvert.exe was only using 6-10% of the CPU. I am running XP Pro with a 2ghz clock and 256mb ram also a 1.6gb swap file. WHat am I not doing correctly. I can open Windows Move Maker and Windows Media Player. Play the wmv with
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Now fixed:

A quick bug fix, this one will extract the audio from a video file correctly. NB see the main codec download page for WMA to get all the correct system files before installing (if have not already done so). This beta will last for 3-4 days, download: www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMP-codec-wmav9.exe 260KB
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>