title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpowerAMP (dMC) don't get files to convert

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grafzahl
    • Jun 2006

dBpowerAMP (dMC) don't get files to convert

this problem had been discussed in forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5924 but a solution was not found.
    I have installed dBpowerAMP (dMC) Release 11.5 with administrator rights under Windows-2000.

the problem:
    i mark a wave-file (or any sound file) and then i start dBpowerAMP via context menu (convert to).
    But dBpowerAMP shows "converting 0 Files", therefore there is nothing to convert and dBpowerAMP don't convert by starting the convert process. It doesen't matter which format the destination file has to be.
    If i start dBpowerAMP (dMC) directly and browse for sound files it has the same effect.
    In the case i start Windows in safe mode then dBpowerAMP (dMC) works fine.

I've tried several times to uninstall, reboot, remove anything from the dbpoweramp folder and remove dbpoweramp related registry entries but a new installation has the same effect described before.
  • coblesan
    • May 2005

Re: dBpowerAMP (dMC) don't get files to convert

I saw a post one time about this problem and it turned out to be a problem with the path. Too many characters. However, this is weird since it works in "Safe" mode.

Hum!

Comment

• grafzahl
      • Jun 2006

Re: dBpowerAMP (dMC) don't get files to convert

Thank You coblesan for the hint!

The problem is solved by installing DMC on C:\
      In my case i tried to install DMC on F:\
      The path under the drive letter was exactly the same, so it can't be a problem with too many characters in the path.

Comment

Working...

]]>