title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Leverage Fraunhofer Professional MP3 Codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ezra2323
    • Aug 2003

Leverage Fraunhofer Professional MP3 Codec

This is from a discusssion in the support forums:

Given that Fraunhofer PROFESSIONAL can be used on anyone's PC who has installed WMP 10 by simply doing the following:

Just go to c:\windows\system32 and rename l3codeca.acm to l3codeca.bak. Then copy l3codecp.acm to l3codeca.acm (swaps the professional one in place of the old advanced one).

I am requesting a DBPoweramp tool that can convert any format to MP3 by leveraging l3codecp.acm (renamed to l3codeca.acm) - seamlessly. By seamless, I Mean, the simplicity of using DBPoweramp the same way it uses LAME 3.9X - transferring existing tag info etc..

Granted, Spoon may not have the time nor energy to put this together. It would be cool if he did, as it would provide another good alternative to LAME. However, DBPoweramp is great already and I will continue to recommend it to everyone even if no further mods are made (I mean it does have LAME encoding ability already.)
Working...

]]>