title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Convert only if source file is newer than destination

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comradestalin
    • Jun 2009

Convert only if source file is newer than destination

Hi guys,

First off, the dbPoweramp suite is fantastic. I've been using it for a while, but decided to register it today. Well worth the small fee involved.

I use the tool to archive my large CD collection, both as a backup and also so that I have access to the pristine audio data (in FLAC format), confident that the data in the archive is exactly what was on the released CD.

To use it on my portable music device I convert the collection down to MP3 format.

The cherry on the cake would be a small bit of intelligence added to the Batch Converter so that it would only convert files if the source file (ie a FLAC or WAV file) was more recent than the destination file; if the destination already exists and is newer, it is not necessary to convert it again. I can't imagine this feature is hard to do, but it would make the lives of people who manage large collections in different formats a lot easier!
Working...

]]>