title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Registration Keeps getting Locked

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miggs
    • Jul 2020

Registration Keeps getting Locked

Every time A new update arrives for dBpoweramp my account gets locked. Telling me i've downloaded too many times. I only update through the app. I have to keep emailing to have the account unlocked.
    I have the Reference Family plan. dBpoweramp is installed on 3PCs & 2 Macs. (1xWin11, 1xWin10 64bit, 1xWin10 32bit. 1 Mac mini, and 1 MacBookPro. Each has a different CD drive

Is there something I am doing wrong?
    I have tried only updating through the app, and also only downloading from the website. Both ways end up with an account lock.

Thanks
    Michael
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

The lockout hits at 50 downloads, we then can extend to a further 10 downloads each unlock. However previously we have seen accounts where the download link has been shared around and an unlock leads to a lock straight away as the download is downloaded from many different places around the world, not saying it is happening in your instance.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• miggs
      • Jul 2020

Does an update count as a download? Also how far back does it go. I started using dBpoweramp in 2018.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

An update counts as a download, it is related to that purchase, so R17 would have been on its own, R2022-24 on own
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• miggs
          • Jul 2020

That means, as I use the software across 5 computers, my account gets suspended ever 2 updates.

Comment

• frelan907
            • May 2024

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your dBpoweramp registration. It sounds like there might be a glitch in the system causing your account to lock with each update. Have you reached out to their support team directly about this issue? They might be able to provide a solution or investigate further to see why this keeps happening despite your efforts to update through the app or the website. Hopefully, they can resolve this inconvenience for you soon.

Comment

Working...

]]>