title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to submit a skin

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

How to submit a skin

there are two ways to submit a skin.

the easy way:

email your skin to skins@dbpoweramp.com with a description of your skin.

the technical way:

go to http://skins.dbpoweramp.net

then click on "Downloads" then you will see an option to "add download" , here you will be presented with the following:

Program Name: (put name of your skin here)
    File Link: (if you have web space somewhere you can point to the URL location of your file here)
    Category: (use the drop down menu to select "skins")
    Description: (255 characters max) (describe your skin here)
    [b/Author's Name:[/b] (your name)
    Author's Email: (your email) optional
    Filesize: (in bytes)
    Version:
    HomePage:

and then finally "add this file". after that i will see a new download waiting to be approved to which i will check it all and then approve it.

you can still submit a skin on the skin site and send the skin file by email seperatly if you have no web space to upload it too.

currently there is no file upload option as this poses to many security risks for the server.

how to modify your existing skin on the download site

go to where your skin is on the skin site and click "details" then you will see an option to "modify".

it is here you can change version number byte size and state additional changes from the previous version.

then click "send request". i will then see that a modification request has been submitted to which i will check and approve it from there.

once again the modified skin can be emailed to skins@dbpoweramp.com and i will upload the new modified skin overwritting the old version.

however if it is the same skin but has seperate features from the old version but wish the user to have the option of which skin to download then that is a seperate download.

example: your skin1 version 1.0 skin is a run of the mill basic 10 band EQ but your skin1 version 2.0 is a wonderfull top of the line 20 band EQ, then you might like to give the user the choice of downloading either.

Last edited by Spoons; June 16, 2003, 01:09 AM.
Working...

]]>