title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PerfectTunes AR results affected by metadata ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GBrown
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2009

There are over half a million independent user submissions and almost 5k drives documented for AccurateRip over a very long period of time. In the 20+ years I have been ripping my CD collection of over 2k discs I have had only a few rare occasions where the metadata wasn't found, but many where AccurateRip found errors in the rip results. No other software provides that kind of feedback. Almost all others blindly rip a disc and store whatever potentially bad results for you to later discover clicks, noise, or blanks spots.

The advantage here is that dBPoweramp at least provides some form of reporting so that you can go back to your rip and confirm if there in fact anything that needs to be fixed. Remember a single bad unrecoverable frame is reported but likely would never be heard during listening.

I find it incredible that in such a short period of time you have had as many issues as has been documented here. Either you have hardware problems that are causing this, or you have a collection of the world's most notorious poorly mastered CDs. Half a million other users are not experiencing the same problem.

Comment

• FrancescoT
      • Mar 2024

You may find it incredible, but it's all documented here. It is true that - while appreciating the software for the reasons you explained - I have raised some issues with the design and documentation of the programs, some of which have in fact been corrected. I have a first class classical music collection of original very successful and impeccably mastered CD releases (over 2k of them), first class hardware with no problems whatsoever, and four decades of experience in academic software development.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There are 3 tags which have to be correct to later lookup the disc in PerfectTUNES: AccurateRip

Album Artist
        Album
        Track Number

if any are incorrect (album artist and artist have to match across tracks, not match the real name of the disc), then that disc cannot be looked up, it is not a case of trying to code the million possibilities someone could have, your tracks are either as they came off CD or they are not, if you change around track number / count then there is no lookup (a 20 track CD has 1.048576e+26 possible combinations of the tracks, so we are not going to try all the combination and ignore track number).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• FrancescoT
          • Mar 2024

Good to know. Apparently also total no. of tracks, even if one enables one-to-one match of album and folder. It definitely isn't as obvious as you seem to imply. Maybe it should be documented. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...

]]>