title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 

improve low resolution artwork

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • drobinson
    • Aug 2023
    • 5

    improve low resolution artwork

    Hello
    My artwork for 1000 CDs that I ripped using early microsoft player is too low for me. But perfect tunes is not upgrading it. it thinks its ok. It has found 5 tracks that it wants to upgrade. How do I tell it the minimum acceptable artwork size for me. Originally the artwork was high quality then microsoft program degraded it to lower quality.

    Also how do I find the artwork size. The files are all wav and they do have artwork but I think its stored in a folder somewhere as a .jpg

    Thanks for the help
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007
    • 5799

    #2
    Re: improve low resolution artwork

    Are you sure that Microsoft has not embedded low quality artwork. Maybe the folder.jpg or cover.jpg is high quality and PerfectTunes sees this. But you are seeing the embedded art. Experiment with an album and remove any embedded art if it exists. Then see what art remains from the art file in the album subdirectory.

    ps never use Microsoft apps to play music or act as server. They can modify things like art without your permission.

    Comment

    • Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002
      • 44163

      #3
      Re: improve low resolution artwork

      I think is 600x600, you can manually search albums individually by clicking fix.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

      Comment

      • drobinson
        • Aug 2023
        • 5

        #4
        Re: improve low resolution artwork

        Originally posted by Spoon
        I think is 600x600, you can manually search albums individually by clicking fix.
        How can I confirm if its 600 X 600? I cannot fix 1000 CDs just don't have enough patience to click 1000 times but there may be some automation I can use here.
        Thanks

        Comment

        • garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007
          • 5799

          #5
          Re: improve low resolution artwork

          Have you tried my suggestion.

          Comment

          • drobinson
            • Aug 2023
            • 5

            #6
            Re: improve low resolution artwork

            Originally posted by garym
            Are you sure that Microsoft has not embedded low quality artwork. Maybe the folder.jpg or cover.jpg is high quality and PerfectTunes sees this. But you are seeing the embedded art. Experiment with an album and remove any embedded art if it exists. Then see what art remains from the art file in the album subdirectory.

            ps never use Microsoft apps to play music or act as server. They can modify things like art without your permission.
            Yes I see the low res embedded are as blurry images in my squeezebox app. That how I know its not high quality. Now with a rip a CD with dbpoweramp or EAC the art is really great quality and I see that in squeezebox app.

            Thanks

            Comment

            • Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002
              • 44163

              #7
              Re: improve low resolution artwork

              it is 400x400

              The next update will increase to 600x600
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

              Comment

              • garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007
                • 5799

                #8
                Re: improve low resolution artwork

                Originally posted by drobinson
                Yes I see the low res embedded are as blurry images in my squeezebox app. That how I know its not high quality. Now with a rip a CD with dbpoweramp or EAC the art is really great quality and I see that in squeezebox app.

                Thanks
                LMS/squeezeboxes will use embedded art first, even if higher quality art is in your folder.jpg file. That is why I suggested that you open an album and delete the embedded art from the files and see if the folder.jpg starts being used. You may need to do a clear and rescan in LMS for it to pick up change as it may cache the artwork.

                Comment

                • GBrown
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 303

                  #9
                  Re: improve low resolution artwork

                  Originally posted by drobinson
                  Yes I see the low res embedded are as blurry images in my squeezebox app. That how I know its not high quality. Now with a rip a CD with dbpoweramp or EAC the art is really great quality and I see that in squeezebox app.
                  Make sure you have enabled the option to view hidden files in you explorer, and check to see if WMP has added the thumbnail images there. These are very low resolution images. I would delete any of those, and disable the WMP beast.

                  There is discussion on the MS support site about these found here.

                  Comment

                  Working...

                  ]]>