title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album Art / Perfect Tunes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JefVG
    • Mar 2017

Album Art / Perfect Tunes

I have several albums with different album arts. Some numbers of that album have the right album art. Can i choose that album art as default for the complete album?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Album Art / Perfect Tunes

If you remove the art then add back, it will be written to all tracks associated with that album.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BMWBig6
      • Jul 2015

Will Perfect Tunes preserve the original timestamp (for "Modified Date" in Windows) or does it reset it to the current day/time when used to automatically update album art using batch processes? (Or is this a selectable option to preserve timestamp?)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It will update the file time.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BMWBig6
          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
          It will update the file time.
          Thanks, is there a way to configure Perfect Tunes to update album art without changing the time stamp (and preserve the original "modified date")? Or is this something that will be added to a future release?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

For which purpose would you need this? the data change would signify to any backup software to backup the changed file.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BMWBig6
              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
              For which purpose would you need this? the data change would signify to any backup software to backup the changed file.
              The date/timestamp is important to me when organizing or sorting my music (it tells me when I first created the song, and when I truly modified it--not just added album art to it). And most of my backup software is sophisticated enough to use multiple methods to detect file changes (real-time scans, file size, hash comparison, etc.). This is probably not a frequently requested feature, but many MP3 tag editors have an option to preserve the file's timestamp (perhaps for other reasons). There's nothing worse than sifting through a large collection of songs (or photos or documents for that matter) and trying to sort by age, and all of them have been reset to the current day/time. :(

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BMWBig6
                The date/timestamp is important to me when organizing or sorting my music (it tells me when I first created the song, and when I truly modified it--not just added album art to it). And most of my backup software is sophisticated enough to use multiple methods to detect file changes (real-time scans, file size, hash comparison, etc.). This is probably not a frequently requested feature, but many MP3 tag editors have an option to preserve the file's timestamp (perhaps for other reasons). There's nothing worse than sifting through a large collection of songs (or photos or documents for that matter) and trying to sort by age, and all of them have been reset to the current day/time. :(
                Agree. my music server has a "new music" added option. I prefer to see actual new music I've added rather than a bunch of albums for which I happened to modify tags or artwork.

Comment

Working...

]]>