title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Pre-purchase question - Difference between CD Ripper and Perfect Tunes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zitsky
    • Jul 2024

Pre-purchase question - Difference between CD Ripper and Perfect Tunes?

Is there a FAQ? I'm not clear on the difference between the two. I'm very happy with CD Ripper so far and want to purchase. I see that Perfect Tunes includes Accurate Rip? Is that older software or the same? And if I want an ID Tag utility does it come with CD Ripper or Perfect Tunes?

Thanks.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

They are two programs with very different functions. I use BOTH to create and manage my music collection. CD Ripper is all about ripping files from CDs (and adding album art, tags, checking against AccurateRip database, etc.). And the CD ripper software comes with ID tag editing software for after the fact editing. Perfect tunes is all about dealing with digital music files AFTER they have been created. It can check existing rips for matching with AccurateRip. It can check and improve album art. It can now check for ReplayGain tags and if don't exist, can create. It also has some ID tag editing capability.

dBpoweramp: mp3 converter, FLAC, WAV, AAC and Apple Losslesss. CD Ripper, Album Art Fixing, Asset UPnP Server

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

odd that my prior reply is showing as unapproved. Not sure if it is showing up for others to see.

Comment

• BMWBig6
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by garym
        odd that my prior reply is showing as unapproved. Not sure if it is showing up for others to see.
        Good summary. We can see your posts (or it has since been approved).

Comment

• zitsky
          • Jul 2024

Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Jayhawk
            • Apr 2013

Does PerfectTunes try to "correct" the entries in the music collection? Or if so, can it be stopped from doing so?
            I once found that Windows Music Player (oh-so-helpful) would AUTOMATICALLY "fix" my data and really screwed up a lot of my ripped discs. A lot of my collection is classical, which often requires hand-editing line by line to correct the junk that is pulled down by dbPoweramp's CD ripper.
            I'd really prefer a player that doesn't even TRY to fix my data.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It does not automatically try to fix the files.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>