title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PerfectTUNES window sizing with latest version on macOS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SirAtilla
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2015

PerfectTUNES window sizing with latest version on macOS

Hello,

In the latest releases of PerfectTUNES (and dBpoweramp as well) the window sizing has changed quite a bit from previous versions. Intermediary scanning dialogues assume the original window parent size (see attachments) versus neat modal dialogue from previous versions. Depending on the content in the final window from an action the original main window will adopt the sub-window size. I suspect this is indirect consequence from what appears to be a new framework in use (observation).

None of this impacts functionality I write this post to determine if this is known and if it is planned to be addressed? I like precise placement of applications in my workspace and the constant self resizing I admit perhaps bothers me more than most. I will post the dBpoweramp examples in that forum.

Thank you

Original window size upon launch
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 7.38.32â¯AM.png Views:	0 Size:	152.2 KB ID:	325821
    Scanning dialogue assuming parent frame size - varies by which top level program is chosen
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 7.38.38â¯AM.png Views:	0 Size:	104.8 KB ID:	325818
    Main window which has now re-sized itself to be much taller after using one of the main programs
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 7.43.36â¯AM.png Views:	0 Size:	149.4 KB ID:	325819
    Attached Files
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Problem noted, thanks for reporting.

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

Was caused by bad interaction between new toolbars and window size serialization.
      Fixed:

Comment

• SirAtilla
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2015

Thanks Peter!

I will test and report results. I held off on a dBpoweramp post while this one was worked.

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

Same issue with dBpoweramp (same selfmade framework), will be fixed shortly.

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

dBpoweramp with fix for the same:

Comment

• SirAtilla
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by PeterP
              Was caused by bad interaction between new toolbars and window size serialization.
              Fixed:
              https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/PT-2024-06-27.dmg
              This build does resolve my primary issue and thank you for prompt attention.

I am providing three screen shots of the intermediary scanning dialogue that pops up between clicking one of the main sub-apps and the results window. You will see the first two (Album Art and ID Tags) use the same size and window type as the parent - meaning includes the macOS three circles at upper left of window. While the 3rd (AccurateRip) uses a true modal dialog pre-sized without the 3 circles. The latter is how PerfectTUNES was always constructed previously. This has zero impact on functionality but I wanted to provide the feedback should it be something you want to address from a consistency viewpoint.

Album Art Scanning Dialog

Click image for larger version

Name:	Album Art Scan.png
Views:	44
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	325892

ID Tags Scanning Dialog

Name:	ID Tags Scan.png
Views:	41
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	325893

AccurateRIP Scanning Dialog

Name:	AccurateRip Scan.png
Views:	42
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	325890
              Attached Files

Comment

• SirAtilla
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by PeterP
                dBpoweramp with fix for the same:
                https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC-2024-06-27.dmg
                Thank you - will test and provide feedback.

Comment

• SirAtilla
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SirAtilla

Thank you - will test and provide feedback.
                  dBpoweramp beta seems to resolve issue.

Thank you

Comment

Working...

]]>