title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Will not convert files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LimeyCliff
    • Jan 2006

Will not convert files

I downloaded the trial unregistered ver. 11.5, 20 days ago
    it will not work on my XP Professional system.
    When converting files the new file is much larger.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Will not convert files

What is the file type and specifications of your original file and what is your desired output file specifications? You can find this out by holding your mouse over the file assuming you have the Popup enabled, or right-click and go to "Edit Tag" to see your file's properties at the bottom of the file.

Comment

• LimeyCliff
      • Jan 2006

The original file is an MP3 and the size is 2328 kb at 224 kbps and using the 48 setting on the green bar the converted file size is 4574 kb at 160 kbps.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

How many channels are on these files? Are they mono or stereo files?

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LimeyCliff
          The original file is an MP3 and the size is 2328 kb at 224 kbps and using the 48 setting on the green bar the converted file size is 4574 kb at 160 kbps.
          The green bar is suppsoed to give the bitrate, thus it should be 48kbps not 160kbps. My guess is you are using some presets, so that gree bar position is ignored, only the presets are being used, which result in a different, preset bitrate.

File sizes are proportional to the bitrate used (directly proportional in the case of CBR) and the number of channels.

Comment

Working...

]]>