title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Advance file selection (FLAC and MP3)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gustavog
    • May 2005

Advance file selection (FLAC and MP3)

Hi,

I have a music server with mixed FLAC and MP3 files. I want to copy some of those to a library so that they can be ported to an iPod. Problem is that I have to manually check which albums and/or tracks are in FLAC so that they are converted to MP3.

Is there any way to select a bunch of folders and then copy the MP3 files to the destination lib and convert the FLAC files to MP3 on the dest lib. All on the same operation.

Or else, convert whatever is in FLAC and ignore the MP3 files?

Thanks.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Advance file selection (FLAC and MP3)

You can use the dMC File Selector to select entire folders of files, but pick which files you want at one time. You can tell it to convert all FLAC files to mp3, but I'm not so sure about moving the mp3 file straight over to an intermediate library.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

This may be semantics, but I am puzzled by the use of the term "library" as a destination for these files.

You can certainly use File Selector to convert these files to a folder that could be registered into a library. You could certainly automatically have dMC add the converted tracks automatically to an MMC but I don't think that would do any good for the goal of getting these tracks ported to the iPod. Perhaps iTunes can automatically register tracks once they are transferred to a designated folder (sort of the way MMC can locate and add new tracks).

If you have (or would be willing to pay for) Sveta, Sveta should be able to transfer your Flac and mp3 files and convert the Flac files to mp3 on the fly, shouldn't it?
      (I don't have iTunes or an iPod, so I can't be sure-also there are some tag issues at present although these will hopefully be minimized with the dMC r12.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• gameplaya15143
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2005

easy way... use windows "find" (or 'search' in xp)

*.flac

select all, right click, 'convert to'

:D

Comment

Working...

]]>