title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

HOW TO USE MP3 (XING ENCODER cli)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • akeagle
    • May 2002

HOW TO USE MP3 (XING ENCODER cli)

since I've installed dBpowerAMP, I've been unable to find the xingmp3 Encoder\x3enc.exe any where on my computer, I've even used the Locate box, when I first tryed to use it.All the other formats are working ok, just wanted to see how this one works,did I miss some thing,when installing?? Thanks for any help Robert at akeagle@attbi.com
  • MadiZone
    • Aug 2002

You're not missing any thing.
    The XING encoder is one of the FASTEST encoders available, but also the one that produces the POOREST QUALITY.
    If you have respect for your music - please - do not cripple it using XING Encoding.

Comment

• MODatic
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

Xing is not a free encoder. dBpowerAMP can act as a frontend for it, that's what the add-on does, it does not actually contain the encoder for licensing reasons, it requires you to already have the Xing CLI installed somewhere so you can point dBpowerAMP to it.

MadiZone is right, you're not missing out on much. Stick with the version of Lame that comes with dBpowerAMP for much better results.

If you have a look at this, you'll understand what's wrong with Xing.

Comment

• akeagle
        • May 2002

Thank you all for the Help & the web link.

That link sure helps me out alot, because I was able to get to another Link for more help, That is at http://www.guerillasoft.com/EncSpot2/index.html Now I can use Encspot an Mp3 Analyzer, To see the Quality of all my Mp3's And Best of all, I can now Find out Which Encoder was used on all of my MP3's That I got from BearShare or other download places, it's A great day when even at my age, that I am still learning something New each day, have a nice day Robert

Comment

• zevele1
          • Sep 2002

Well,not sure
          Xing CBR is no good,128 CBR is dreadfull
          But if you use encSpot you can see that Xing 192kps get the green color=good quality.
          But encSpot tends to freak out:it gives for a cd ripped with EasyCd creator 5 TWO encoder!Each song got another encoder!

I do not say that Xing is good.But if you want to rip some cds fast,using Xing 192 kpsVBR gives you an acceptable quality.
          Not like Lame 192kps VRB,sure,but not THAT MUCH less good

Comment

Working...

]]>