title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

aac to mp3 help please

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wami
    • Jan 2006

aac to mp3 help please

im trying to convert an aac file to mp3 and i downloaded the following codecs:
    Advanced Audio Coding
    mp4

when i open the dBpoweramp music converter program i go to the folder that contains the file but it doesnt show it. any help is appreciated.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: aac to mp3 help please

First, make sure that when you open your folders in Music Converter (in the window titled Select Music File(s) to Convert) that your browser menu is set to display Music Files and Playlists (where it says Files of Type). This will show all your music files. If the menu is set for something else (like mp3 files) you will only be able to see those files.

Next, check your dMC Configuration to make sure your AAC and mp4 codecs were properly installed. If the AAC codec does not show up as being installed among your list of decoder codecs you will know that you need to properly install that codec.

Try downloading and installing the AAC to MP4 & MP4 to AAC codec.
    Use the AAC to MP4 codec to convert to mp4 and then see if you can convert the mp4 file.

If none of these steps are helpful, please tell us more about your AAC files (file size, bitrate/Q level, where they came from/how they were made).

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: aac to mp3 help please

Moved to dMC Support

Comment

• gameplaya15143
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2005