title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converter no longer works

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sid
    • Jan 2006

Converter no longer works

Hi, I've been using dbpoweramp for a while now and never had any problems until recently. If I try to convert a file now I'm presented with a window giving me the option to edit the id tag but cannot get any convert options. I'm using version 11.5. Anyone got any ideas please? :(
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Converter no longer works

Are you trying to right-click "Convert To"?

Comment

• sid
      • Jan 2006

Hi,

Yes I've been right clicking on the files and selecting convert to, it still automatically shows the edit tag window.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Uninstall, reboot windows, re-install.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sid
          • Jan 2006

Thanks for the reply but I've just tried that and am still getting the same problem. Any other ideas? :cry:

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

Check your dMC Configuration (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration).
            Click on the dMC Settings button.
            Is the option for "Convert To Menu Item" checked or unchecked?
            Likewise, is the Edit Tag item checked or unchecked?

If Convert To Menu Item is unchecked, try checking that and trying again. If Convert To... was unchecked and Edit Tag was checked, then try unchecking Edit Tag.

If Convert To was already checked, try unchecking that and Edit Tag as well. Exit. Try right-clicking a file to confirm that both options are missing from your right-click menu options. Then re-enter dMC Configuration and re-set Convert To by checking it. Leave Edit Tag unchecked.

In all cases, when checking or unchecking these options, be sure you exit by going through dMC Settings (there is a second window in addition to the first) until you get to (and exit by clicking on) the Finish button.

If right-click convert to now works you can try re-adding the Edit Tag option through dMC Configuration.

However, if this does not work, then I think you will need to do a complete uninstall by following the instructions here:
            there are some anomalies that occur when uninstalling dbpoweramp parts. i just unisntalled using windows add/remove the following codecs, ogg, aac, mp4, wsp, voc. start-->programs-->dbpoweramp music converter-->configuration-->dmc configuration that does not match whats in my registry however this

Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Moved to dMC Support

Comment

Working...

]]>