title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

cd input not working right and m4a files not opening

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoffropuff
    • Jan 2006

cd input not working right and m4a files not opening

i'm having a couple problems. the cd input program isn't ripping all the songs from the cds i'm having it rip from. some of the files, while being ripped, are shown as temp files, then disappear when finished ripping. so what i tried doing with these files was ripping to itunes first, then converting from m4a to mp3, but the converter is unable to open these m4a files. i was wondering what i should do about this. just to let you know, i do have the m4a/aac codec pack installed already.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: cd input not working right and m4a files not opening

First, when you go to rip from CD, is this problem with disappearing temp files something that happens with some files on some cd's, with all files on some cd's, with some files on all cd's or with all files on all cd's?

Second, when you are trying to rip from CD, what format are you trying to rip to and what settings are you using (bit setting, frequency, bitrate/quality setting, channels)?
    Also, are you using any DSP effects (such as volume normalization)?

Third, are you sure that these files fail to convert? Have you tried using your Windows Search/Finder function to make sure that these tracks are, in fact not located domewhere on your computer?

You shouldn't see temporary files unless you are applying DSP effects while ripping. And those files are, indeed, temporary-they disappear after use. These would not ordinarily be located in the same spot where dMC stores converted files and one of my guesses is that you might not be looking in the right spot for your converted files. Apart from using your systems Search function, you could set up a CD for rippiong and make note of the settings for your output file (typically in a folder labelled Converted Music, but perhaps you have changed the file path).

Do you get any kind of error message when you try to convert your iTunes-ripped m4a files?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>