title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

does this program work under AMD64 ? using win xp pro x64. i want to purchase.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomahauk
    • Jan 2006

[admins please move this to the converter forum] - my mistake

this is really all i need to know. i'm afraid to download the trial for anything non-abusive to my installation to happen since its not paid for.

also does it convert from .wv format to .mp3 ?

thank you !
    Last edited by tomahauk; January 15, 2006, 09:51 AM. Reason: admins please move this post to the converter forum
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: does this program work under AMD64 ? using win xp pro x64. i want to purchase.

The only thing that doesn't work for dMC under 64-bit Windows XP, IIRC, is the right-click "Convert To" and the pop-up info. Everything else works. When dMC r12 comes out (4-6 months), there will be a version that has these items working for 64-bit Windows.

Comment

• iceman2058
      • Jan 2006

Re: does this program work under AMD64 ? using win xp pro x64. i want to purchase.

I can confirm that I have it working under Win XP 64 - except the right-click menu integration. However, that feature is available via a "workaround":
      The "local browser" window of my FTP client (SmartFTP) actually gives access to the right-click menu items. Obviously because SmartFTP is also a 32-bit program at this point that gets installed in the x86 directory of Win XP 64. Funnily enough, the right-click menu is also available from within the "File - Save" window of applications such as the Windows Media Player. Which obviously shows that Microsoft didn't bother to properly implement ALL components of Windows in 64 bit yet. And there they are telling other people to hurry up and get on the 64 bit bandwagon....just goes to show....

For me, since I often use db poweramp in order to upload the file anyway, this is not a major problem at present. However I do look forward to the next version to get this feature back in the regular Windows explorer view.

One comment though: in Windows Explorer, after right-clicking a particular file, I can still choose dbc from the "open with" command. However, it doesn't open dbc on the correct file - rather it opens the "open file" dialogue box defaulted to the last folder from which you did a conversion - at which point you have to navigate to your file again. Small thing to address as well in the next release...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can run the 32 bit explorer from the syswow64 folder.

Anyhow partial 64 bit support is this week (r12 alpha 1)
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>