title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot convert .aiff to .wav

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhgindc

• Jan 2006

Cannot convert .aiff to .wav

I have both the .aiff codec and the .wav codecs enabled with my dbpowerAMP music converter, however, I'm not able to make the conversion.

This is the error message I'm getting:
    The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\xyz.aiff' could not be opened.

Thanks
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Re: Cannot convert .aiff to .wav

I assume you have the aiff codec installed.
    Try test converting the aiff file (same as converting to wave except that where you select wave as your output format you select "Test Conversion"). This will not create an output file but will show (and very quickly) whether dMC can read the file. If the test conversion goes OK, then consider the settings you are using for your wave output (bits,frequency, channels).

If the test conversion fails, can you play the aiff file? If not, the file may be corrupt.
    If you can play it, can you tell us the bit setting, frequency, channels) for your aiff file and what player(s) will play it?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Cannot convert .aiff to .wav

Certain aiff files are compressed, dmc cannot convert those, only pcm uncompressed.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>