title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

configure Temp files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knackers
    • Jan 2006

configure Temp files

dBpowerAMPologists,

I tried to use Auxiliary Input to capture a 7 hour audio stream that I was playing in Windows Media player. However the temp file in
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp
    filled up my drive (only 4 gig free, and the rest is OS plus dbPA) and the session terminated. Being clever, I tried it again and clicked "record" to quit after only 3 hours. The temp file created ok, but dbPA was creating another huge temp file somewhere else, doing some sort of preparation or conversion, and that died also, owing to disk space. Enough!

Here's what I want to do. Plug in a removable hard drive to handle the space needs. But I need to tell dbPA Auxiliary Input, and dbPA regular where to put the (at least 2) temp files. Can anyone help me to have an auxhilarating experience despite my having only a teeny-weeny HDD?

Knackers
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: configure Temp files

Found it. On Aux Input, of course change the output file. Then, click the down arrow beside the Record button and select "Record with Options". Then, click the PowerPack button (rocket) and change the temp path. note that this requires an unexpired trial or registered PowerPack.

Comment

• gameplaya15143
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2005

with something that long... i would probably encode as i record.. like 320kbps mp3

Comment

• knackers
        • Jan 2006

Gameplay wrote:

> with something that long... i would probably encode as
        > i record.. like 320kbps mp3

I'm encoding at 64 kbps mp3, and the end result will be less than 1 GB. It seems as if the initial capture is done as a wav file or something, and compression happens when it's finished :-(
        I'm doing a vanilla "Record to > Mp3(Lame)", via the little down arrow next to "Record" at the top left of Aux Input. Are you saying that I can force it to compress *during* the 7 hour capture phase?

LtData wrote:

> Found it. On Aux Input, of course change the output file. Then, click
        > the down arrow beside the Record button and select "Record with Options".
        > Then, click the PowerPack button (rocket) and change the temp path.
        > note that this requires an unexpired trial or registered PowerPack.

I might try this, but I don't want to register anything. Also, there are *two* large temp files. One is the capture, and the other is created during post-capture processing, and I did not see the second one in the same directory as the first one. Maybe PowerPack has multiple Temp paths? Any more thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...

]]>