title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Variable bitrate (VBR)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tcfritz
    • Jan 2006

Variable bitrate (VBR)

Hello,

When I try to rip using variable bitrate settings, the MP3 is encoded at 31 Kbps, but if I use a constant bitrate, it encodes at the specified rate. Any ideas?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Variable bitrate (VBR)

Have you tried to move the bitrate sliders when encoding to VBR? You have to left click the slider tab to move the left one (low end of the bitrate range) , and right click the tab for the moving the right one (high end of the bitrate range).

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

When I try to rip using variable bitrate settings, the MP3 is encoded at 31 Kbps,
      Do you have a preset specified here? Go to convert a file to mp3. In the dMC window, after you specify mp3, click on advanced. This will show any preset you may have specified (such as normal, low, phone, alt-preset standard, and so forth). Presets may over-ride any settings you try to specify with the sliders. For fully manual control of your VBR settings (as Christina stated above) select No Preset from the presets list.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• tcfritz
        • Jan 2006

I've used the slider tabs to change the upper/lower limits of the variable bitrate and I have my preset set to "No Preset." Any other ideas?

Thanks!

TCF

Comment

• tcfritz
          • Jan 2006

I solved my VBR problem by changing my input CD-ROM device. Thank you for your prompt support!

TCF

Comment

Working...

]]>