title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

[Help plz] Error when converting AAC to MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sososdef
    • Jan 2006

[Help plz] Error when converting AAC to MP3

hello all

first: sorry for my english because i speak french.

I have a problem when i try to convert a AAC file to MP3... I have installed the codec but when i try to convert the software tell "The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\a.aac' could not be opened." .... I think this is a new protection ?

I have uploaded the AAC file on the web for you can test it. I will to convert this file to MP3

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t0lk8s ==> click on "transformer.aac"

!!! Thanks for everybody !!!
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: [Help plz] Error when converting AAC to MP3

Interesting file in that it will not test convert, it does not play in dBpowerAMP Audio Player, and plays somewhat jerkily in WinAmp.

However, if you convert this file from AAC to mp4/m4a you can then play and convert the file. To do this conversion, you need to have downloaded and installed the AAC, mp4/m4a and AAC to mp4/mp4 to AAC codecs from Codec Central here:

Then select the AAC to mp4 codec to convert this file to mp4 and you should be able to do what you like with that file after that.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• gameplaya15143
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2005

that aac file has channel coupling, thats why there are problems with conversion. (the CT in_mp4 plugin for winamp told me this)... in other words... there is no adts header, its a raw aac+sbr file. Wrapping it in the mp4 container will make it work properly. (foobar2000 has no problems with the original file so you could use that to convert it as well)

Comment

• sosodef88
        • Jan 2006

hi

Thanks for your help but i have downloaded the codec. after this i have try to convert AAC to MP4 and there are same error

I have downloaded foobar2000 and there again same error...

plz download the file and test it. :s

Thanks

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Well, tehre\s no header with the file.

It can play in Media Player classic, so it can be recorded through dMC Auxiliary Input.

I feel it can probably be converted as well if you experiment with the raw codec. But it requires playing with several parameters to see which ones work.

I've not managed to find the right combination, but I only tried twce. No error was generated, but resulting files were useless, just noise.

Comment

• sosodef88
            • Jan 2006

the only means that I have to find it is

read the AAC file with winamp5 and connect the output sound (soundcard) to the microphone entry and save it with a soft ...

sorry for my english :$

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

As I said, Media Player Classic - from the Real Alternative installation - can play it. Maybe it's due to the DirectShow codec also being installed on my machine.

The software to record as the audio is played through the soundcard by whichever player can play it is dMC Auxiliary Input - it's part of the dBpowerAmp Music Converter.

Check out how to use it and how to set up the volume controls for it: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7318

You'll generally not have to make funny connections - unless you have a funny soundcard.

For French instructions see here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6612
              Last edited by ChristinaS; January 07, 2006, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• xoas
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2002

Thanks for your help but i have downloaded the codec. after this i have try to convert AAC to MP4 and there are same error
                Did you download all 3 of the codecs I mentionned?
                The method I advised required the AAC codec (#1), the m4a, mp4 codec (the first one on the download page, this is codec #2), and the AAC to MP4 & MP4 to AAC codec (at the bottom of the page of AAC/MP4 codecs).

After you install these, open your file in dBpowerAMP Music Converter and select the AAC to MP4 codec to convert this file. The regular m4a codec will not work here, only the AAC to mp4 codec will work.

If you have done all of this and it still does not work, then I think you will need to try recording the file through Auxilary Input as Christina has suggested.

Best wishes,
                Bill

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

Yes, indeed that works, Xoas. I hadn't tried it before thinking it wasn't working, since nobody else confirmed it as such, and I didn't much fel like installing those codecs. I did so now, and did the double conversion to end up with a usable aac format, then that can be converted to wav or wma or mp3 or whatever is called for.

My second conversion was not needed back from mp4 to aac, but I did it sort of by accident.

So to recap:

After installing those 2 codecs, do this:
                  1) convert using aac to mp4 codec - this creates a proper mp4 file
                  2) convert that mp4 to your choice of format: mp3, wma, wav
                  Last edited by ChristinaS; January 07, 2006, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• sosodef88
                    • Jan 2006

Hello All

I have re installed dBpowerAMP Music Converter form the web and i can use the method of xoas

i convert AAC to mp4
                    after
                    i convert mp4 to mp3

THANKS TO EVERYBODY

Comment

Working...

]]>