title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter Crashes with ntdll.dll errot

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob S
    • Jan 2006

Music Converter Crashes with ntdll.dll errot

I installed the dbpowerAmp Music Converter and then the "real audio Codecs" and followed the configuration directions as far as enabling dbpowerAMp to see my *.ra files. All of that worked. But when I go to convert a real audio file to a WAV file, then the program starts but soon crashes with the following error message:

AppName: musicconverter.exe AppVer: 6.4.0.1 ModName: ntdll.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00018494

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by Bob S; January 04, 2006, 03:19 AM.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Music Converter Crashes with ntdll.dll errot

Did you install the Real Audio codec which goes hand in hand with Real Player, or the DirectShow codec with the .ra and .rm filters which also requires Real Alternative?

Can you play your real media file? In what player?

Incidentally it looks like your dBpowerAMP Music Converter is an ancient version. The current version is r11.5 and you seem to have v 6 ?
    Last edited by ChristinaS; January 04, 2006, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• Bob S
      • Jan 2006

Re: Music Converter Crashes with ntdll.dll error

Thanks for the response. I will try to be coherent, but I have been at this for many hours and can't think straight anymore.

At the start of the day I had Real Audio installed. At some point I uninstalled Real Audio and installed Real Alternative. Later I came accross and installed dbPowerAMP (version 11.5). I then installed the DirectShow codec. My first attempt at using MusicConverter to convert an *.ra file to a *.WAV file was succesful. It was only later on, that I had problems.

I was also installing and playing with various new audio programs today. At some point I think that I uninstalled Real Alternative. Based upon your response, I re-installed Real Alternative and now my MusicConverter works just fine. Thanks!

(So right now if I click on a real audio file, the Real Alternative player comes up. I do in fact have dBpowerAMP Music Converter r11.5 installed).

Again, thanks for the quick response!
      Last edited by Bob S; January 04, 2006, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Re: Music Converter Crashes with ntdll.dll errot

Woohoo! Another happy ending today! yay! :D

Chalk it down to the box of chocolate brandy beans I've been steadily working my way through :D

Comment

Working...

]]>