title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dmc input at times jams wma player

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dancingdjed
    • Dec 2005

dmc input at times jams wma player

For a couple of weeks now at times when i'm ripping songs from cd to computer this happens with dmc audio cd input . Whenever the real time encoding speed in beginning stays at .7 to 1.0.and remains there, i stop the process because i know something is wrong compared to other times when things are ok. When this problem occurrs i always find that my wma player nows plays at slower than normal(sound distorted). I have to go and do a computer restore and things are find until it happens again. i have done about 20 computer restores. i tried to go to registration to get another download using swreg order number and when i click on "initiate registered link retrieval", i get a blank screen with no print on it. I have no idea why in ripping at times this problem happens. Appreciate help because i like very much the features of db power amp and would like to continue using it. Does anybody else have this problem.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: dmc input at times jams wma player

I assume you are not trying to rip and play a CD at the same time.

One thing you can ttry is to set your ripping priority to "Below Normal". This is set in the window that shows the progress of the file conversion. This will not slow your conversions (it may speed them up), but it will help avoid straining your system resources as you are playing and ripping at the same time.

If you are playing files in WMA and using visualizations, turning off the visualizations may also help avoid over-straining system resources.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

First fo all why didn't you save your downloaded registered software so you don't have to re-download it again and go through the SWREG steps?

Then what do you think is the problem with the cd's you are trying to rip? Are they copy-protected cd's? are you selecting odd encoding specs for the ripped audio?

It would be better to rip to wav and then convert to whatever format you want. This way you separate the ripping step from the conversion step and can figure out where the problem lies.

Comment

• dancingdjed
        • Dec 2005

This is ed with the problem. I'm not ripping and playing at same time however i noticed after this encoding problem i later was playing a cd and it was distorted and when i did a restore everything was okay until while ripping at another time the real encoding instead of being 10 or higher was at .7 to 1,so after stopping i went and tried to play cd and got distorted sound which i did a restore and it was corrected. This happened many times and it would be encoding to mp3 at 192 constant.Most times encoding at 192 works fine. i was having another problem with computer and after the computer company helped me, the software was gone because i did a restored date before software was bought. So i had to try to download from my e-mail site and one of the times i got program corrupted , then i downloaded
        again from my e-mail(you do give two links) and one link that wouldn't work one the fist time did , so i might be using a corrupted download thats why i wanted to be able to get another using my receipt of registration number.i tried about 4 times to download from my e-mail site which you people providing the links. I am new to computer use but learning. as suggested to encode "below normal' won't that give me inferior quality. please help and i appreciate.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Try following these steps:
          Originally posted by LtData
          Check your DMA settings for the disc drive. Go to Control Panel --> System --> Hardware --> Device Manager. Once there, click "IDE/ATAPI Controllers" and double-click on the one named something like "Secondary Channel" or, if there is just one choice, double-click on it. Go to normally the second or third tab, and make sure your drive is set to "DMA if available" and NOT "PIO Only".

If you cannot set it to DMA, AND the secondary channel is a separate choice, close the properties window, right-click on the secondary channel, and click "uninstall". Click OK on the window, then click Action --> Scan for hardware changes. It should detect the secondary channel, if it does not restart. Make sure the drive is now set to DMA mode.

If this happened, why? Well, WinXP has a "feature" that sets drives to PIO mode if there are a lot of read errors. This results in CPU usage whenever you try to use your CD drive, and I mean HIGH CPU usage. It also makes any audio sound like absolute crap if it is played while the CD drive is in use in any form. You can still rip fine, just not rip and play audio of any sort, even speech software like Ventrilo or Skype sounds horrible.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

The below normal thing is about the priority. It's not about quality. Below normal means it will not try to take over all system resources. Then it ends up working faster usually.

Comment

• dancingdjed
              • Dec 2005

I tried ripping only to wave and eventually same thing happened. also as other suggestion to go to system hardware device manager, my computer only has add hardware. so right now i'm stuck and afraid to use the dx power amp program. I can't keep doing restores, they take about 45 minutes. something isn't right. i'm frustrated.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

What OS are you using? Are you in an administrator account?

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by dancingdjed
                  I tried ripping only to wave and eventually same thing happened. also as other suggestion to go to system hardware device manager, my computer only has add hardware. so right now i'm stuck and afraid to use the dx power amp program. I can't keep doing restores, they take about 45 minutes. something isn't right. i'm frustrated.
                  Make sure you are logged in as administrator, or you cannot do anything.

Comment

• dancingdjed
                    • Dec 2005

I was just now able to do the other suggestions. I am logged in as administrator and i was able to determine that my disc drive is set to "dma if available". I would appreciate any other suggestions.Is it possible that my db power amp file is corrupted, as i mentioned previosly when i lost my "paidfor" download program due to a system restore i got "file corrupted on next download and i down loaded again and i don't remember if i got the message again and this is what i'm using. Is there a way to see if my program is corrupted? I really appreciate the suggestions.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2004

If you did not install as administrator, then it is a faulty installation. Your file need not be corrupted, but improper installation will result in it not working.

The current size of the installation file for the regsitered dMC is 2145KB.

Comment

Working...

]]>