title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I Dont Understand How To

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: I Dont Understand How To

Yes, it can burn audio cd's. It's takes a bit of exploring Real Player, but you set it up essentially from Tools > Preferences > CD Burner .

Once set up, click View > Burn/Transfer . After that it gets a bit murky, as you have to get the real media files into the Real Player library and be able to select what you need to burn. I haven't explored that aspect enough to explain it properly yet. :o

Comment

• ladyavon
      • Jan 2006

yes the ultimate goal is to burn cds for my husband. I downloaded the files you told me to. However when I got to the converter program and go through the

documentsandsettings/owner/applicationdata/real/realplayer/history
      the tapes are not there.

However when I go through Real Player or Windows exployer they are there. Also I use the real player/burner to burn the cds. I also have music match, windows media player and record now.

Thank you

Comment

• ladyavon
        • Jan 2006

by george I think I got it! Thank you so very much!!

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Oh, the downloading is best done by right-clicking the link to the file from the website and using Save as ... and then save it someplace with extension .ra or .rm (make sure it doesn't end up as .ram , Windows seems to want to save it that way, just change it manually). Just remember in which folder you saved them.

For your case burning audio cd's using Real Player has got to be easiest.

Glad you got it going.

Comment

• ladyavon
            • Jan 2006

nope it did not work, I went throught the converter and converted 3 tapes but real player will not let me put them on to burn. I am about to give up.
            How do I get my money back?

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

Why are you going through the converter? You can use Real Player to simply burn an audio cd from the actual downloaded files, not need to convert them first.

Which money do you want to get back? the money you paid for the registered dMC? Sorry, no refunds. That's' why there's a trial period where you get full functionality for 30 days, so you can figure out if you can use it or not.

dMC does not burn cd's anyway. You need dCW for that - also with a 30 days trial period.
              Last edited by ChristinaS; January 05, 2006, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• ladyavon
                • Jan 2006

I dont have the following option:

Oh, the downloading is best done by right-clicking the link to the file from the website and using Save as ... and then save it someplace with extension .ra or .rm (make sure it doesn't end up as .ram , Windows seems to want to save it that way, just change it manually). Just remember in which folder you saved them.

I have also tried going through real player and when I click on the speaker tape "file" Real player will not add it to my list for burning.

I have tried everything I can possibly think of.

I have MSN if you are willing to come in my system and check it out to help me.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

That's not any special option.

When you are on the web page from where you want to get those audio files, instead of left-clicking the link (which immediately starts to play the file in Real Player), simply right-click and then select Save Target As . That downlaods the file to your pc and lets you give it a name and put it in a folder of your choice. That's all I was referring to.

Once the file is on your pc, when you open Real Player, you can add the files that you downloaded in that way to the Real Player library so you can use them to burn an audio cd.

Sorry, I don't have time tonight for MSN, have to go to bed soon. In any case I am not equipped to get into anybody's system :smile2:
                  Last edited by ChristinaS; January 06, 2006, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>