title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Issues with tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottlaw75
    • Dec 2005

Issues with tags

I am having problems getting ripped cds to consistently add tags to burned files. It will add tages to most but leave 1 or 2 songs without tags. It seems to happen quite frequently and is frustrationg because i have to go in an edit manually.

I am rippeing MP3 using the Standard preset and am using the ID3v2.3 tag. I tried other ones but had more problems with them such as APE and ID3v1. This is the ANSI version not the Unicode one. I tried re-rpping to see if it is just a random occurrance and it seems to be because it may add the tag on the second burns.

Do you have any suggestions or any info that may be of help?

Thank you in advance for any help.
    Last edited by scottlaw75; December 29, 2005, 01:00 AM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Issues with tags

Are there any non-ASCII characters in the files that don't tag?
    Is it consistent in which files don't tag? If so, what is the name of one of the songs that refuses to tag?

Comment

• scottlaw75
      • Dec 2005

There are no non-ascii characters in the song titles I have issues with. In fact, as a test, I ripped the songs that would not tag again and the second time it would tag them properly. That is why it is confusing. It is like it just does not tag certain songs here and there and I have to go back and check them all or else it shows up on the players as unknown songs.

I am assuming that this issue has not really plagued to many people then. Maybe I am just the lucky one! haha. Anyway, I love the product and interface etc. I just wish I could burn with confidence without having to go back and check each track. I am just at the beginning of a long burn. I have finally decided to burn my entire 1,500+ cd collection.

Additionally, I tried to install the Update ID tag encoder to see if that could help me. I download and install but it does not seem to load. When I check DMC configuration - Installed Encoder tab - It shows that as blank. So it does not appear to function for me. Unlucky day for me. haha
      Last edited by scottlaw75; December 29, 2005, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Perhaps a virus checker is jumping in and stopping dMC from tagging the files after ripping?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• scottlaw75
          • Dec 2005

I appreciate the help Spoon. It is an odd deal. The problem does not always happen and it does not happen with the same songs. That is why it is bizarre. I'll look into the virus checker deal though.

Great product by the way guys. One question, do you think you'll ever implement a cd case creator with song title info etc into the cd writer at some point?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Note that the CD Writer part of the program is mostly provided by a third-party, though I believe a new CD writer library is being looked at, as the current company quit making the CD writing portion.

Comment

Working...

]]>