title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp3 to atrac3/3plus, help fek seike!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alvez

• Dec 2005

mp3 to atrac3/3plus, help fek seike!

Hi

I bough a nw-e405, and I wanted to pass the mp3 to atrac3 format, but sonicstage3.3 gives error almost every time...

when the mp3 has less than 256kbs or vbr, it gives a error checkbox:
    "copyrigth, format, or file no found". I think it has something to do with the encoding of the mp3, but how to get around it ? files with over 256kbs it converts easily,doesn't matter what encoding have been done(mp3), it do the conversion...

I tried the stand alone software of sony to convert, but it keeps asking me for a version of sonic stage later than 2.1, even after I reinstaled the sonic stage 3.3.

Is there some other way to make the conversion? If not, what's the problem? What can I do?

thanks in advance!
    ps:I'v already read another topics related and dindn't find help in any of it :\
  • gameplaya15143
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Sep 2005

Re: mp3 to atrac3/3plus, help fek seike!

hate to say it... but thats what you get for buying a sony p.o.s.

best i can offer in support is the atrac3 acm codec www.free-codecs.com

Comment

• alvez

• Dec 2005

Im not regretting it, because I just want to convert it to atrac3 to get extra space.I got 80musics on the player, all of them with high quality, but if i could had more, why not? :p

I'v already instaled the codec, and tons of programs that anounce the conversion but none of them really do the job :( I'm going to mail sony or smlt to know why the program is giving me error :X

ahh, tkx!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

In a test awhile back mp3 came out on top when compared to atrac3.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gameplaya15143
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Sep 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
          In a test awhile back mp3 came out on top when compared to atrac3.
          yup, very true.

as for a workaround for sonicstage, you can use dmc to convert those 'problem' files to mp3 cbr 320kbps (or wav) then convert them to atrac3 with sonicstage

if the player supports atrac3 in wav, then the atrac3 acm codec can be used directly with dbpoweramp's wave codec (just set the compression to atrac3)

Comment

• alvez

• Dec 2005

tkx, I'll try that! :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>