title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpower wont read my WinAmp files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pointlock
    • Dec 2005

dBpower wont read my WinAmp files

Hi!
    I´ve got a real problem and have to solve it fast!
    I just installed dB but when i wanted to convert some Winamp songs i couldnt convert them! I´ve got the songs from a friend who has an iPod so he could play it trough his iTunes prog! But i want to convert them to normal mp3 files so my PSP could read them! Pls write back fast!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: dBpower wont read my WinAmp files

Let me see if I read your question correctly: You got somem files from a friend that are from his iPod, and you want to play them on your PSP. OK, we'll need more details.

What are the extensions of these files? See here to show extensions: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5361
    What types of files does the PSP play? I assume it plays MP3, but you need a non-expired PowerPack trial or a registered version of the PowerPack to convert to mp3.

Comment

• Range Kid
      • Jan 2006

Hi! Sorry but what i posted last time i had to do fast so it is without more details! And now i forgot my password so i had to make a new acc!
      I dont know really what kind of files my PSP reads but it plays the songs which the Windows Media Player plays too! And these songs are Winamp files and db cant read them! I thought they were wav. files but they arent cause i tried it! I can tell you which files PSP reads tomorrow beacause now im not at home!
      So should i update db, because the songs were iPod files so maybe it would help!

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Please check what the extensions are, as mentioned above. Note that for formats besides WAV and mp3, you have to download the codec from Codec Central so that dMC can decode those file types.

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

Since these came from your friend's iPod, odds are that the files in question are m4a/mp4. I would suggest that you download and install the m4a/mp4/Apple Lossless codec for dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) from Codec Central here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm

Best wishes,
          Bill

Comment

• Range Kid
            • Jan 2006

Ok now i can read them! I had to download the codec for the apple files!
            the extensions are .m4a but i think its not neccessary to know it now!
            Never mind thx very much 4 your help and if i´ll have another problem i´ll post it here :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>