title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting from RM to WAV

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sladeburns

• Dec 2005

Re: Converting from RM to WAV

I am also having problems converting from RM to WAV or mp3. I am not getting any error messages but with every setting I try, the output always echoes severely. The original RM files play perfectly in the RealAlternative media player.

Comment

• gameplaya15143
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Sep 2005

@patagem
      program files/windows media player/mplayer2.exe <- yes you do have mplayer2 (aka 'wmp 6.4' = windows media player 6.4, sorry if that was confusing)

for playing ra in winamp, either use the tara plugin, or add rm to the directshow decoder (winamp can also be used to convert these)

even if you have wmp10, if the rm files play in it, then real alternative was installed properly.

you can always cheat and play them in one program and record them with dbpoweramp's auxilary input.

@Sladeburns
      make sure you dont have any DSP effects enabled

@ChristinaS
      i thought something was mentioned to the effect that real alt couldnt encode rm (off topic but thats why it was at the bottom of my post) i cant seem to find that again, maybe i need to learn how to read :headbang:

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Real Alternative doesn't encode anything.

Real Alternative, through its player Windows Media Classic, is usually able to play .rm and .ra files if the .ram and .ra filters are installed (and directshow decoder is installed). If WMC can play then, so can WMP.

Occasionally though some .rm and .ra files simply cannot be converted using the directshow decoder - thus not playable through WMP. That's when you need the original Real Media decoder that operates in real time. This being incompatible with the Real Alternative crowd, those have to be uninstalled.

The Real Producer program is independent of all this stuff and its presence affects nothing.

Comment

Working...

]]>