title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error message, no conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Error message, no conversion

Are you going through dMC File selector?

Have you tried instead to use Windows Explorer and highlight your files to convert, right click and Convert to?

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Re: Error message, no conversion

Christina's suggestion is certainly worth a try. I suspect your issue may be your system's shrinking memory. This would seem to explain why the program will work fine up to a point (you suggest that this point is about 50 files) and then crashes. If you can free up more space on your hard drive, I suspect you could improve things quite a bit. How much free space do you have left on your hard drive, anyway? What version of Windows are you using?

If you are not already running the latest Flac beta codec, you should try installing that codec. It might be more crash-proof than the standard version. You could try unselecting the option to preserve tag information to see if that would help (this would help with the older version of the Flac codec, but I am not sure others have reported needing to use this option with the new Flac beta).

As for recovering from your crashes, I suppose you have first tried a complete re-start of your system to see if that would clear up dMC, and I suppose that that did not work. I have always saved my installation files and I generally do re-installation from those files. It would be more efficient than completely re-downloading dMC after each crash.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>