title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Is Tag Popup format different in dMC r11.5?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoF
    • Feb 2004

Is Tag Popup format different in dMC r11.5?

I recently upgraded to dMC r11.5. Since the upgrade, the format of the Tag popups has changed. It contains Artist, Album Title, Year, Track Number, Duration, Type, Bit Rate, Protected & Size. The old popups contained much more data in 3 sections. The older popups contained data like File, Location, Type, Extension, Length (m:ss), Size, Original Size, Compression Ratio, ___________ dBpowerAMP.

How do I get my old Tag Popup Format back?

PS - I looked at the dBPopup key in the registry and it still contains the old popup format string...
  • LoF
    • Feb 2004

Re: Is Tag Popup format different in dMC r11.5?

I have more information to add to my post above... The Tag Popups in the dAP and MMC are the older (more extensive) format. The only Tag Popups that are the newer format are the ones in Explorer. Did the shell handler (???) for Explorer get changed in my registry somehow? What .dll is used to create the Tag Popups in Explorer?

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

I think it depends at what file type you are looking at, and whether the information is available in the id tags. Maybe you are looking at newly created files and you may not be using the same ID tag creation method as before.

Comment

• LoF
        • Feb 2004

These files are all MP3s created by dMC r10 or r11 with ID3 Tags v1 & v2 & Lame v3.96. I can hover the cursor over the icon column in MMC on an MP3 file and get the complete Popup information that I am used to seeing. I can hover the cursor over the Track information in dAP while the same MP3 file is playing and get the complete Popup information that I am used to seeing. However, if I hover the cursor over the filenam in Explorer on the same MP3 file, I get a Popup (tooltip) with less and different information...

This did not happen before I installed r11.5 of dMC. I wonder if there is some kind of registry issue with the shell handlers that are setup...

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Does the new tooltip say "dBpowerAMP" at the bottom? If it doesn't, then its not dMC's pop-up. Run dMC Configuration (Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration) and click dBpowerAMP settings to turn on the pop-up.
          If it is already selected, disable it, reboot, re-enable it, reboot again, and then see if it shows up correctly.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

>Artist, Album Title, Year, Track Number, Duration, Type, Bit Rate, Protected & Size.

Yes those are windows built in ones, which are not very good. Re-run dMC configuration to try to put dbpoweramp back.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LoF
              • Feb 2004

Ok, I tried disable it, reboot, enable it, reboot, but that did not restore the dBpowerAMP popups. I still only have the built in Windows popups.

So, I went hunting through the registry, looking at the Shell Handlers, Context Handlers & Property Handlers... I found that there were 2 dlls referenced in my registry, dBShell.dll & dMCShell.dll.

I then went and looked in the dBPowerAMP directory. There were files with 2 different dates, 9/17/05 and 12/24/05. I installed dMCr11 on 9/17/05. I installed dMCr11.5 on 12/24/05. I found dMCShell.dll with a date of 12/24/05 but there was no dbShell.dll file. There was a dbExplorerShell.exe & a dAPKeyControll.dll but they were dated 9/17/05.

So it looks like I lost I file I need... Where can I get it or will a re-install fix it without losing my config???

Comment

• LoF
                • Feb 2004

I found a copy of dBShell.dll (v6.0.0.0) in a backup and copied it to my dBpowerAMP directory. The popups appear to be working now... Spoon, is v6.0.0.0 the version that belongs with dMC r11.5?

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

I have v. 6.4.0.0 for both dll's .

Here's is a copy of dbshell.dll if you need it.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Installing R11.5 should put that dll there, although I have seen situations where the file is removed (if written to a ram disc and windows needs to reboot to finish installation).
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>