title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping Audio from a cd

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syphonnihil
    • Dec 2005

Ripping Audio from a cd

I have the newest version of dbpower amp on my new computer and i am trying to use it as i did on my old computer, which is to rip music from a cd to mp3 format.
    Whenever I try, however, it alerts me to the fact that the "power pack & mp3 encoding liscence has expired" which
    1) it hasn't, because I haven't had the computer for thirty days, let alone the program
    2) i dont really care if it has anyway, because I'm just trying to rip a cd, not burn one.
    In any case, this message shows up, I click ok. It shows up again, and I do the same. At which point it shows, for a fraction of a second, a progress bar, but then the "errors whilst converting" are listed and for every song on the cd it says that "the CODEC required to compress" the file name ".mp3 could not be opened"

I'm really not sure what to do about this problem, so I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Ripping Audio from a cd

Encoding to mp3 requires you to purchase the PowerPack & MP3 Encoder. This is due to patent issues and not a choice Spoon made willingly.

Anyway, this will reactivate your trial for another 30 days: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/bin/ReactivatePP.exe

Comment

• gameplaya15143
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LtData
      Anyway, this will reactivate your trial for another 30 days: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/bin/ReactivatePP.exe
      cool... i think i'll download that. :D

and NO you don't need to purchase anything to encode to mp3 with dmc. there are 2 ways to ditch the mp3 trial. 1. use the mp3 encoder from release 10, no trial on that one. or 2. (the better choice) use the lame.exe CLI plugin.

My lame cli, slightly more n00bie friendly than just the cli text box
      (that supid webhost adds some freakin javascrip lines to the beginning and end of the options.txt file, i'll deal with this issue later)

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

dMC r10 is no longer available for download. The current version is r11.5.

Comment

Working...

]]>