title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Writer only adds part of file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silverbird
    • Nov 2005

CD Writer only adds part of file

When trying to add mp3 audio files to be written, the program only adds 238kb of each song. What am I doing wrong?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: CD Writer only adds part of file

The same amount for each file?

Are there any DSP effects in use?

Comment

• Silverbird
      • Nov 2005

I'm sorry to say that I don't know what "DSP" effects are, but if they weren't downloaded with the purchased program, I'm not using them. The other answer to your question is "yes". Every time I double-click on an mp3 file or highlight several to be moved into the "write file" area, only 238kb are written when the original file I clicked on will have i.e. 3200kb that should have been copied into the burn area.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Are you making an audio cd? or an mp3 cd?

The former wouldn't tell you file size, but rather time; the latter may report teh resulting file zie. If your'e making an mp3 cd, it then depends on the encoding specs you're using - they may call for a very low bitrate, mono, etc. which will result in much smaller files than your original mp3's.

DSP effects are part of the PowerPack - and thus an unexpired trial version of dMC or the registred version. Effects such as trim, fade, volume normalize, etc.

If what your'e making is an mp3 cd, you need the registered versin of dmC (or dCW fully loaded) or unexpired trial verisons. Otherwise no conversion to mp3 is allowed (and bruning an mp3 cd involves conversion to mp3 even if you start out with mp3's in any case).

Comment

Working...

]]>