title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tag from rename problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirbill

• Dec 2005

Tag from rename problem

I am trying to use tag from filename for the first time. When I get to the music converter screen I select tag from filname. When I click convert a window pops up and shuts down so fast I can't see it then an explorer window for C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator comes up for whatever reason I can't comprehend. The tags are not updated. Ever heard of this?
    Last edited by sirbill; December 23, 2005, 01:48 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Tag from filenename problem

Very odd, try converting the file, does it convert?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: Tag from rename problem

What kind of file is it?

Comment

• Daasie

• Dec 2004

Re: Tag from filenename problem

Originally posted by sirbill
        I am trying to use tag from filename for the first time. When I get to the music converter screen I select tag from filname. When I click convert a window pops up and shuts down so fast I can't see it then an explorer window for C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator comes up for whatever reason I can't comprehend. The tags are not updated. Ever heard of this?
        I have the same problem. I'm right now changing the tense of my post (again) because I got it resolved...and broke again.

I recently reset dap per Spoon's recommendation and lost some track titles. I chose Convert to | Tag From Filename and I got a flash and nothing changed in MMC, just like you. I tried a few things and ultimately, when I rolled over the file, the yellow pop-up tag information showed me the song title in the appropriate place. So, in MMC, I selected the affected tracks, then choosing

Selected Track(s) | Advanced | Refresh From ID Tag

got the titles to appear. But only for one set of files. Trying to duplicate it drove me nuts. I ended up fiddling with the Tag Recognition field in the Convert To window and that fixed me up for titles. For my instance, I changed the field to [track] My naming convention is [artist\[track].

Now, I've also lost some entries in the 'artist' field, but I haven't figured out how to extract them, yet. There's only six, I probably won't try.

Hope it helps.

Daasie

Comment

Working...

]]>