title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Registered - Program still won't work

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DianeG1003
    • Dec 2005

Registered - Program still won't work

I purchased the registration today, but when I go to use the program I get a message that the trial has expired and I need to register. Tried uninstalling and re-installing. Also tried the re-activation link. It looks like it might be doing something, but then tells me the files couldn't be opened. I'm kind of upset that the program won't work.

Oh, and I purchased the Converter with Power Pack & MP3 encoder. Installed it from the link in the email.

Diane :vmad:
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Registered - Program still won't work

First, you installed it to the same directory as your current version WHILE you were logged in with administrator rights?
    Try following the instructions here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828 and installing again from your registered installer.

Comment

• DianeG1003
      • Dec 2005

I downloaded the program where it said it should go. When it didn't work, I uninstalled all versions and re-installed from the link I received in the email. I am trying to convert MP3s to CDAs. Do I have to buy the CD writer also? I want the files to go into the originating folder, but I don't get that option. After reading many of the posts about the program not working, I'm starting to think I spend $14.00 for nothing.

When I try to convert I get this message "The trial period for dBpowerAmp CD Writer (dcW) has now expired. Registering will reactivate dcW. Click here to register now."

I don't want to burn a CD using dbpowerAmp Cd Writer. I will use Nero to do that. What I want to do is to convert the MP3 files to CDA files and put them back in the same folder. How can I or can I do that? It looks like the files are being converted, but then I get this message:

The output file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Diane\My Documents\My Music\Trace Adkins - Songs About Me [2005]\11 - Honky Tonk Badonkadonk.IGNORE' could not be opened.
      The output file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Diane\My Documents\My Music\Trace Adkins - Songs About Me [2005]\01 - Songs About Me.IGNORE' could not be opened.
      The output file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Diane\My Documents\My Music\Trace Adkins - Songs About Me [2005]\02 - Arlington.IGNORE' could not be opened.
      The output file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Diane\My Documents\My Music\Trace Adkins - Songs About Me [2005]\03 - Find Me A Preacher.IGNORE' could not be opened.
      The output file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Diane\My Documents\My Music\Trace Adkins - Songs About Me [2005]\04 - My Way Back.IGNORE' could not be opened.
      The output file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Diane\My Documents\My Music\Trace Adkins - Songs About Me [2005]\05 - I Wish It Was You.IGNORE' could not be opened.
      The output file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Diane\My Documents\My Music\Trace Adkins - Songs About Me [2005]\06 - Bring It On.IGNORE' could not be opened.
      The output file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Diane\My Documents\My Music\Trace Adkins - Songs About Me [2005]\07 - My Heaven.IGNORE' could not be opened.
      The output file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Diane\My Documents\My Music\Trace Adkins - Songs About Me [2005]\08 - Baby I'm Home.IGNORE' could not be opened.
      The output file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Diane\My Documents\My Music\Trace Adkins - Songs About Me [2005]\09 - Metropolis.IGNORE' could not be opened.
      The output file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Diane\My Documents\My Music\Trace Adkins - Songs About Me [2005]\10 - I Learned How To Love From You.IGNORE' could not be opened.

So what is going on, please?

Diane

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

There is no such thing as cda files. Those are entries on an audio cd's index, acting as pointers to where the actual audio data tracks are stored on the cd.

You cannot convert to cda files. You can only burn audio tracks onto a cd (or onto a virtual cd if you a) by using a burning program. Once burned, the cd sows cda files when looked at in Windows Explorer. If ever you try to copy .cda files you'll find out they are useless and contain no audio data at all.

However what you probbaly really want to do is convert to regular, uncompressed, 16-bit, 44.1KHz, 2-channel stereo PCM wav. Then you can burn the wav files to audio cd using whichever program you want.

Comment

• Tigerman
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Mar 2005

I do not recommend Nero to burn audiocd's.
          Especially mixes or live-cd's will suffer from a audible hiccup between the tracks.
          I recommend Burrrn www.burrrn.net which is a freeware programm.
          It can burn "Gapless" and it can burn many different types of compressed audio. Supported formats are: wav, mp3, mpc, ogg, aac, mp4, ape, flac, ofr, wv, tta, m3u, pls and fpl playlists and cue sheets.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

You can change the gap to 0 seconds on Nero, and it is the program that I use to burn my audio CDs. Burrrn would be useful in that it is freeware, unlike Nero or dCW.

Comment

• Tigerman
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Mar 2005

@LtData. I know you can change the gap to 0 seconds. But in liveconcerts there still is an audible click between some of the tracks. At least there were the last time I tried it. To be honest that's more then a year ago, so Nero might have improved.
              I use Nero for data cd & dvd's, but for audio cd's I use Burrrn.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

What's this got to do with Diane's problem?

Comment

• Tigerman
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Mar 2005

Nothing, but because you gave a good answer to the question, I took the liberty to gave an advise.
                  Besides when burrrn is used, this program will do the converting so it is an solution also :p

Comment

Working...

]]>