title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tags are completely lost in conversion...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnKeith
    • Dec 2005

Tags are completely lost in conversion...

Even though the check box to maintain tags IS checked.

I just recently downloaded the free version of dbPowerAmp. I am using the File Selector program to pick my music folder to convert. All my WAV files are stored in ..\Atrist\Album\song.wav and I keep the box checked to keep the same directory structure in the converted folder.

I am not sure what kind of tags my original files have. It's a long story, but I have used VBA to call the SetItemInfo Method on the WMP object. Before I used scripts to set these, all of my files were in the unknown folder. Once I updated WMP with the Tags, then the albums appeared in the correct artist\album folders and folder-indexes (this is all in WMP however)

I know that WM/AlbumTitle, WM/TrackNumber, Title, Author are definitely set. (verified by using GetItemInfo) and WMP10 shows the tags when you list the songs. All of these are the WAV files.

I batch converted the entire set of WAV to WMA (into a seperate folder), then loaded these into WMP10 and they all show up in the "unknown" folder.

1) how can I tell what version my tags are? *Could using WMP objects to set these values be using Tags that are not the standard style of audio-file tags?*
    2) how do i make sure that dbPowerAmp will "see" tags and copy them with the WAV->WMA conversion?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Tags are completely lost in conversion...

AFAIK WMP will not write tags into wave files, if you have a small wave file that has been tagged please send to:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>