title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Aux Input Problem - Unable to select input as anything but ports

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Metamyr
    • Dec 2005

Aux Input Problem - Unable to select input as anything but ports

I'm trying to use dMC Aux Input to record an m4p from my itunes. When I go into settings I'm only able to select my input ports (microphone, input, etc) as the source of recording. Is this a problem with my sound card or is there something I can do?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Aux Input Problem - Unable to select input as anything but ports

Open Volume Controls by right-clicking the volume icon in the task bar.

Click Options. Click Advanced. Click Properties. Select Recording options. You will see a list of possible sources some of which are checked and other s maybe not. Check all of them. Then you will have them available fro selction whn using AUx Inout.

It's possible your voume controls don't show all the needed sources. You'll have to see what you have once you select all of them.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; December 14, 2005, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Metamyr
      • Dec 2005

Hmmm... well, i don't have an advanced option when viewing my Volume Controls..

Also, while i was waiting for a responce i tried another program called "Replay Music" and had the exact same problem. I went on their tech support forum to see:

Some Sound Cards may have trouble recording, including:

* Soundmax integrated digital audio sound cards.
      * Realtek High Definition sound cards.
      * Intel High Definition sound cards
      * USB external sound cards.

I have a Realtek sound card :( Any idea if there's still anything i can do?

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

I have an onboard realtek too and I have the necessary recording controls.

Even if you don't have the Advanced option, you shoudl be able to select all available recording options.

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

On my sound card, this is not listed as Advanced. The Master Control panel has a menu only for Help and Options. Click on Properties, select controls for Recording and you should find it there.

Granted, my sound card is different but I believe this was also the case with my original (Soundmax integrated) sound card.

Best wishes,
          Bill

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Actually I have Advanced but on or off it appears to make no difference in what I can do otherwise. This is my currently crappy onboard card. Never managed to install the better one I bought separately for this rebuilt pc.

It's the Properties you have to get to.

And sorry, I had a small error before. You have to click:

Options>( Advanced) > Properties > Select Recording options.
            Last edited by ChristinaS; December 14, 2005, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Evl1
              • Oct 2006

I'm am having the same problem that Metamyr had. I can only select to record from line-in or Microphone. Here's a screen shot. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

Is the image on the right for Plyaback or for Recording?

Do yo have anothe device other than SigmaTel Audio?

By Googling for it, it sems rather lacking in most features one expects to have in a soundcard.

Unless maybe you can update the drivers and msyteriously discover other volume controls.
                Last edited by ChristinaS; October 13, 2006, 05:08 AM.

Comment

• Evl1
                  • Oct 2006

Image on the right is for playback, when it comes up for recording it is only the two list. Yeah it seems strange that only line in and Microphone are it, I have never worked on a computer that you can't set to record from other than those. I looked for an updated driver, didn't find much, will do a more extensive search later. Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Many sound cards only allow recording from line and and mic only, it is a feature it the sound card can record what is playing.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>